If you are looking for a way to impress the family and friends on your next family movie night or gathering these caramel brownies with a pretzel crust is always a win in our home. My mom used to make our brownies like this so when I had to try them with the new Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup, and they’re a WIN!
Some of my best childhood memories are made of the simple things in life like sharing these caramel brownies with a pretzel crust with my family and friends at almost every gathering I can remember as well as summer BBQ’s. There’s nothing like biting into memories from you childhood and creating those same memories for my children.
Caramel Brownies with Pretzel Crust
To make these super yummy caramel brownies with an amazing pretzel crust you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Pretzel Crust
- 4 cups pretzels
- 3 to 4 teaspoons melted butter
For the Brownies
- 1 ½ sticks of butter (3/4 cups)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup caramel syrup or melted caramels
Let’s create this super yummy recipe for brownies.
For the Pretzel Crust
- Put 3 to 4 cups of pretzels into a baggie. Use a rolling pin to roll over the bag of pretzels until they are broken into small pieces.
- Pour them into the bottom of and 8×8 baking pan and add butter.
- Mix pretzels and butter until pretzels are a moist consistency, and you can easily smash them into the bottom of the pan using your hand.
For the Brownies
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup, vanilla, eggs, and salt into creamed mixture and mix completely.
- Add flour and beat until mixture is mixed thoroughly.
- Pour into brownie pan on top of the crust.
- Drizzle the caramel syrup on the top of the brownies. You can use a knife to mix gently into the top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle a few of the broken pretzels on the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick done and allow to cool on wire rack.
If you haven’t had the chance to give Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup a try yet, I suggest it! It’s sweet just the way you like it, but a much simpler take on the classic syrup you know and love. Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup is made with only five ingredients, contains no artificial colors and flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, and it’s made from non-GMO ingredients. It’s the perfect way to sweeten up your family traditions.
Some of the best moments in life are the simple ones so just squeeze some Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup and start building those special memories with your children over a Caramel Brownie with Pretzel Crust, a bowl of ice cream or a simple glass of milk and make that special moment feel extra special!
Sometimes, even the process of enjoying the little things in life tends to get a bit complicated. It shouldn’t require an extensive complicated commitment. In honor of the new and simple Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup and the sweet and simple memories that it inspires, Hershey’s wants you to share the sweetness in everyday moments. So take a moment to “stop and smell the chocolate” and share your #Simply5 – which is a five-word recount of what makes your day sweet. An example would be “Sharing chocolate milk over homework” #Simply5! Don’t forget to add the #Simply5 hashtag so we can read what makes you day sweet!
What’s my #Simply5? I would have to say “Family time with chocolate milk” #Simply5.
You can currently grab Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup in the 21.8-ounce bottles at mass and grocery retailers and the 48-ounce bottle from Costco. Learn more about Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup by visiting Hersheys.com. Don’t forget to be social and check them out on Twitter and Facebook.
Be sure to check out our Banana Split Popsicles recipe using Hershey’s Simply 5 Syrup.
Disclaimer: Compenfive-words provided by Hershey’s via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Hershey’s or Momtrends