Mattie and I had a blast making this yummy One Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls recipe! She was so cute, it was her first time making rice, but she did great.
I love spending time with my kids, especially in the kitchen. It’s awesome that I am able to share something I enjoy with my kids. I remember when I was little, I love cooking with my grandmother. We always had so much fun, so many great conversations and I learned so much from her. She was an amazing cook, and I am blessed to have learned from the best and to have so many great memories from our time in the kitchen.
One Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
To make this One Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed or diced
- ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup Uncle Bens rice
- 1 can of pinto beans (15 oz)
- 1 can whole tomatoes diced (14.5oz can)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- Green ions (diced)
- Roma tomatoes (diced)
Let’s get cooking:
- In a large saucepan add 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, diced onions, and garlic. Sauté until onions begin to soften and add chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, cumin, and chili powder. Cook chicken and onions on medium heat until chicken has started to brown and is mostly done.
- Scoot chicken and onions to one side of the pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and uncooked Uncle Bens rice and sauté rice until you notice some of the grains are slightly browned. This took me about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, canned tomatoes, water and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Once it begins to simmer turn heat down to low and cover. Allow to cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is gone.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top, place lid back on a saucepan and allow cheese to melt.
- Garnish with green onions, tomatoes, and avocado.
I hope you and your family enjoy this One Pot Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls recipe as much as my family does. If you would like to print it off so you can follow the directions easier you are able to do so using the below recipe card.
Be sure and check out all our other dinner recipe ideas. We have some great recipes and are always adding to our collection.