It’s that time of year and time to start thinking about dinner ideas that will keep the family warm this winter like this One Pot Tex-Mex Chili Pasta Recipe! Which does a great job of keeping the family warm and filling them up. It’s one of my favorite for those cold snowy evenings that are right around the corner, but hey it’s great during the summer months too. I’m always down for a bowl of Tex-Mex Chili Pasta. Plus, between you and I it’s super easy to make and can be done in about an hour too.
Saving time, keeping the family warm and happy! Sounds like you can’t really go wrong with this recipe. I hope you like it has much has my family does.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. lean ground chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can 28 oz. no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14 oz. no-salt-added pinto beans
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 4 oz. small shell pasta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 avocado peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven or heavy-bottom pot set over medium heat; cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, corn, poblano, jalapeño, chili powder, cocoa powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables have softened and spices are fragrant. Add tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, coffee and 1 cup water; simmer for 15 minutes. Add pasta; cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Garnish chili with radishes, avocado and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Tip: Mix and match toppings: Try crushed tortilla chips, grated Monterey Jack cheese, sliced green onions or sour cream.
To see other great recipes be sure to head over to PastaFits.org.
You might also want to check out some of our other dinner recipes.