Would you say you are an organized person? In my profession, organization is everything; it is a necessity. Being organized allows me to stay on task, meet deadlines, and when I am really lucky, it allows me to keep up with everything on my plate without getting extremely behind. Hmm, now that I am really sitting here and thinking about it, I am likely the most organized person that you will ever meet. That sounds believable, right? I think I totally sold it. I mean, in my business organization IS a must and I actually am a rather organized person; well, sometimes. But I am also human.
There are days when everything in my life is in order, my house is clean, the dishwasher is loaded, and the laundry is caught up. My A Game is in place and everything is smooth sailing. Then, there are days like my entire weekend. My daughter has been sick, my house is a mess, and our list of obligations increases by two every time we cross one off the list. After feeling anything but organized for three days, I knew that I had to regain some form of sanity so after putting my daughter to bed last night I closed out my weekend by making a list. Lists are a part of my everyday routine and I knew this would put me back on target for the weekend to come. The first item on my list was simple it just said ME in capital letters. Every once in a while it is important for us to take a time out to do something for ourselves. Sometime it is something small such as buying myself a cup of coffee instead of brewing at home or spending a few bucks on a digital book. Then, sometimes I go “all out” and treat myself to breakfast. After an extremely stressful weekend, I knew that today was going to be a breakfast kind of day. I planned the rest of my day, prepared for bed, and sighed with relief knowing that I would be back on point by 5:00 PM Monday, and went to sleep.
Then I woke up and my daughter was sicker than she had been the entire weekend. Entire day wrecked! I got her comfy on the couch with her favorite cartoon, called her school, brewed a boring cup of decaf, and sat down to rework my day. Talk about feeling like a teacher working the red pen! I called and scheduled an appointment with her doctor, unloaded the dishwasher, straightened the kitchen to a point I deem “livable”, got us both dressed, and off we went. Diagnosis delivered we gathered our things and I started to re-plan my day in my head as we headed to the car. I knew there was going to be a lot of snuggle time and very little work so I decided breakfast was a must since tomorrow will likely be double chaotic. Then I looked at the clock … 1:00 PM. Great! I really wanted breakfast and a pumpkin flavored coffee. Yes, I admit it, it is October 5th and I am yet to have a pumpkin anything. Think Heather, think! Then it hit me, Dunkin’ Donuts breakfast items are available all-day. SCORE! I confirmed that Mini Me felt well enough to stop for a treat 😉 and we were on our way.
By the time we arrived at Dunkin’ Donuts I was frazzled. It had already been a day, my little one is sick, and daddy wasn’t due home for hours. We went inside, because I had no idea what I wanted, and the manager was waiting at the counter with a smile. I was trying to look at the menu, my little one was coughing and pulling on my shirt for me to hold her, and I just really wanted some coffee and something hot to eat. I asked if they were serving pumpkin coffee yet. She smiled, assured me that they are currently offering a number of pumpkin options, looked empathetically at my daughter, and offered her assistance.
Two breakfast combos later: a Bacon Egg and Cheese with hash browns and a pumpkin coffee for momma (MY FAVORITE) and a Sausage Egg and Cheese with hash browns and orange juice for Mini Me and a donut or two later, we were on our way home for snuggle time, cartoons, and a work-free day … at least until daddy got home (notice the time of the post). Thank you Dunkin’ Donuts for helping me check one thing off of my “to do” list courtesy of breakfast items being available all-day and your #BreakfastWhenevs attitude!
ABOUT DUNKIN’ DONUTS:
- As the number one retailer of hot regular coffee-by-the-cup, we have been serving freshly ground, freshly brewed coffee to our loyal guests for 65 years, a coffee heritage that cannot be matched by any other national restaurant brand. We sell more than 1.8 billion cups of hot and iced coffee worldwide per year.
- We are committed to expanding our coffee portfolio with new blends and flavors, providing guests multiple choices to personalize their favorite coffee beverage. There are over 15,000 ways to order your coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts.
- Breakfast remains our core and we are committed to menu innovation, giving our guests even more choices, with the same great taste, quality and value that they expect from Dunkin’ Donuts.
- In our 24/7 world, consumers want what they want, when they want it. We are seeing breakfast permeate through the entire day and Dunkin’ Donuts is a great destination for on-the-go people who want a quick bite or a meal any time of day. Breakfast is not just for breakfast any more.
- We know that our guests don’t always have time to sit down and enjoy a complete meal, and that they may be eating at unconventional hours in a clockless day, so we have continued to create menu options that provide delicious choices they can enjoy anywhere, at any time of day.
- Dunkin’ Donuts guests have a variety of breakfast sandwich options to choose from, made on your choice of croissants, bagels, English muffin or flat bread, and smaller portions like our Wake-Up Wraps on flour tortillas. View all breakfast sandwiches here: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/dunkindonuts/en/menu/food/sandwiches/breakfastsandwiches.html.
CONNECT WITH DUNKIN’ DONUTS
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored poster written in conjunction with Dunkin’ Donuts. Regardless, all opinions expressed are still 100% my own.