How to Organize Your Home for The New Year?
The New Year is not going to bring any change; only you can do it. But it represents a great opportunity because every single day of these 365 days is an opportunity itself. So, if you want to change, you better change your outlook, starting with your home.
How to Organize Your Home for The New Year
Following, we are giving you some tips on how to change the way your home looks without spending any money:
Do you want to change the way your home looks? Declutter it!
With the passage of 2018, you got a mountain of stuff. In case you didn’t purge your cabinets regularly, its hard to find the stuff you need. Cutter makes your home look dirty and dated. So, go room by room and get rid of stuff you don’t use, better donate it. Once you are done, you need to think twice before getting anything from your house. If needed, consult with a friend who can help you simplify things.
You have to fill your home with stuff that helps to raise your energy and makes you feel good. You don’t need stuff that will drain your energy. You need to stash useful stuff, not beautiful. Just kick them in a woven basket. Start with groping similar things together. You have to clear your counter of stuff you don’t use on a daily basis. It will help you breathe easier in your own home.
Consider Your Safety
Your home is beautiful but is free from a potential health or fire risk. Yes, take a break from making your home more beautiful, and for one make it safe. There are a few things you need to take care off!
Start with radon! It’s a colorless and odorless gas which leads to lung cancer. It traps radioactive particles in your lungs. Install a carbon monoxide detector in every bedroom and floor apart from fire detectors. It will make sure furnace vent and chimney flue don’t kill you. It takes care of anything blocked or leaking. It’s a small investment that can save your skin.
The story doesn’t end here; you also need to watch for dry lin. You have to clean the trap inside your door, don’t neglect cleaning the ducts and vents behind your home. The link is combustible and can lead to a massive fire.
Assure your home can breathe. Invest some very and get your attic and bathroom ventilated. It will help you fight off molds.
Cut Your Energy Expenditures
When it comes to saving the world, most people believe they should go green by using solar panels or a hybrid car to drive. It will help, but if you want to make a difference, then you better consider the following:
- Switch the lights when leaving a room
- Turn off the Air Conditioning when you leave home, and turn down your heater to only 55 degrees during the night
- Install LED Lights and Low-flow Showerheads
- Dry your clothes on the line and wait for your washing machine to be full before running it
- Turn off power strips, or set the computer to sleep mode when not using
- Water your yard, don’t flood it
- Try composting your garden
Schedule House Cleaning
If you want to control your mess, you have to discipline yourself. You have to make two cleaning routines, weekly and daily. It will help you keep your house clean:
Daily Do the Dishes every night, put the dirty clothes in a hamper or closet. Bring everything to its assigned place.
Weekly: Clean the whole house by following these tips:
- Keep your cleaners including rubber gloves, and cleaning cloth in a carryall that can move with you room to room
- Stash cleaning products like toothbrush, scraper, sponge, plastic bags and cleaning clothes in an apron you can wear while cleaning. You have to hook the glass cleaner and an all-purpose cleaning spray on looks to keep your hands free while you clean windows, cabinets, and even floor
- You need to focus on one thing at a time. It helps you to achieve your goals quickly. So, wipe your fingerprints off every cabinet before moving on. Once the cabinets are done, move to counters, windows, mirrors, and Once these are done, you need to sweep and mop the floors.
- If you want to get the best results, then you better get some help, you have to divide the job in every party. One of you can take care of dusting and changing beds. Someone else can take care of the bathroom and cleaning up your stuff. This only leaves the kitchen and trash behind. Can you handle it yourself or need someone else?
- If you get two other people to help you and divide these tasks, you can clean up your home within an hour. It leaves you more time for the weekend
Start with ditching stuff you don’t need. Don’t just throw away everything, just separate them and deal with them later. Once you went through your stuff, you have to designate spaces for the stuff you need.
While you go through your stuff, you have to group similar items in the same room you will use them. You can label items where they are supposed to go. Once you do it, make sure you tell everyone in your home where you moved the stuff, and that “they should stay there.”
Use Every Room
When you store items, just don’t through everything in a room to deal with it later. You have to use every room and perhaps every usable space you can find. This also includes your bathroom, closet, and guest room. See if a thing fits a room and find the ideal place to fit it.
If you don’t know what to do something at the time, you can consider a filing system. It will keep you messing a clean and organized home. Why? It’s because you will keep buying new stuff and you will have to manage it somewhere, so do it wisely.
It will keep you from cluttering your space and running your hard-work. So, get a filing system to put things away when you bring them and organize them later. It gives you a head-start about where you should put something and how to maintain the current outlook.
Make it Easy on Yourself
It’s important that you make the cleanup process easier. You don’t go through all your stuff and reorganize your home every day. So, once you do it, make sure the routine is easy to follow. Precaution is better than Cure.
So, you have to make the whole cleaning process easy for yourself. You can either invest in new tools, get professional help or break down the task. In case you need new tools, you better visit Sweet Buy Outs.
There are a lot of things that will make the organizing and cleaning process easy. So, you better invest in them. You can set up a filing cabinet for your mail and bills. Moreover, you can buy functional drawers, and tubs for toys. If that’s not enough, you can get a system from controlling cords. Things like these will help you stick to your resolution.
Tips to Decorate Your Home for Next Year’s Eve
We understand that no one will forgive us if we talked about keeping your house clean and organized this year but didn’t give any tips for decorating it for the New Year Eve.
So, consider the following when decorating your homes for your loved one at this New Year’s Eve!
Minimalism is elegant, but not blank walls that lack personality. So, if you want to repaint it, you can get a removable wallpaper to create the festive vibe. If wallpapers are not your thing, then you can consider the following:
- Hang a Large-Scale Wall-Art
- Create a Wall Gallery of Paintings
- Lean a floor mirror against the blank wall
- Add a low-profile bookcase
Light it Up
You don’t need to go crazy with the lights. But, if you want to make things a bit warm, then you need to start with the lights. Consider the following things to brighten up your space:
- Replace the old bulb with fluorescent bulbs or modern LEDs. You need to choose something that replicates natural sunlight by looking at the color temperature rating. Try to keep it near 4,500 if you are partying during the day
- Assure every room have two lighting options, one bright and one cozy
- Replace every light fixture you have with a LED alternative
Make Your Space Cozy
Nothing is more inviting than open and cozy space. So, if you have pending guests, you better make sure you have comfortable and spacious seating. You can rent or borrow furniture and arrange it throughout the house. Just make sure space doesn’t appear as it has been cluttered.
If you want to follow the latest trends, then you should get soft fabrics like velvet or micro-suede. Sparse is not hot these days. Just through a stylish rug with accent chair with the same microfiber bedding and you are fine.
Don’t worry; you don’t have to buy this stuff. You can easily rent it.