Have you ever tried Oven Baked Fried Zucchini Slices? OMG, they are so stinking good!
I admit it, I like fried foods, but I rarely cook or eat anything fried because I’m trying to not only eat healthier and cook healthier for my little army. Just because we don’t eat the fried stuff doesn’t mean we don’t miss it! There are several fried foods we miss, like fried pickles and fried zucchini. I recently started using my oven to fry up some new foods. No more tossing things into the nasty deep fried, it’s so unhealthy, but so darn good lol.
Lucky for me everyone really likes everything we have fried in the oven, but our new favored is this Oven Baked Fried Zucchini Slices Recipe. Without a doubt, nest on the list is Oven Baked Fried Pickles. I’ll make sure and share the results with you.
I love that my family can eat a some of our favorite foods without actually frying it in grease. I’m obsessed with oven frying in the oven because I can bake things like Oven Baked Fried Zucchini, my kids love it too!
- 6 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk (your favorite milk is excellent)
- 2 Cups Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cups grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or butter
How to make Oven Baked Zucchini Slices:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare a the baking sheet with foil & cooking spray.
- Slice your Zucchini (I’ve found that the thick pieces don’t cook as well as the thin ones about
- Combine your eggs & milk in a small bowl.
- Combine Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a large baggie.
- Dip each slice of your zucchini into the eggs, thoroughly coat your zucchini.
- Once slices have been thoroughly coated in egg mixture, toss a few pieces into the baggie with zucchini slice into egg mixture, coat thoroughly, then move zucchini slices into a baggie, the bigger, the better. I ran out of large bags, so I had to use a small sandwich bag. It’s amazing how much time you can save with the big baggie lol. How many you can place in the baggie at a time depends on your baggie size. Leave just enough room to shake the bag and the slices of zucchini can move around until they are thoroughly coated with bread crumbs.
- Place breaded zucchini slices on prepared baking sheet, and you can give them tops a little spray with the cooking spray too.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and flip zucchini slices. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. If you want your Oven Baked Fried Zucchini a little more crispy, you can turn on your broiler and bake for about 30 seconds. IF YOU USE THE BROILER WATCH THEM, THEY CAN BURN QUICKLY.
- Remove the yummy Oven Baked Fried Zucchini from the oven, allow to cool just a tad and serve with your favorite dip. We tend to go with ranch or dill dip. Either way, it’s super yummy!
I’m going to have to try the Baked Fried Pickles next, my husband has been asking and asking me to. I think tonight will be a good night. I don’t even have to go to the store for anything. I have everything I need, even plenty bread crumb left.
Be sure to check out a few more of our recipes: