As a wife and mother, I tend to get tired of the same hum drum meals all the time. I like to spice things up a bit. One way of doing so is to use different breads like Arnold or Thomas (Sandwich Thins®, Pocket Thins®, and Thomas’®), instead of our plain white bread.
Partake in a Meal with Arnold and Thomas
Thanks to Sandwich Thins®, Pocket Thins®, and Bagel Thins® for providing me with coupons for the products and a gift card for my recipe ingredients. All of these are a great substitute for plain bread and healthier for you.
There are many varieties from which to choose.
Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Products
All Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls are cholesterol-free foods, containing zero grams of Trans Fat and no high fructose corn syrup.
Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls, Weight Watchers®: 3 PointsPlus VALUE®, Flavors: 100% Whole Wheat, Healthy Multi-grain, Honey Wheat, Flax & Fiber.
I met a lady in the grocery store when purchasing this product, who simply raved about how good the Sandwich Thins® were. She confessed that she used peanut butter on the Sandwich Thins® for a snack, but used these with all different meals. With that great endorsement, I was eager to try the Sandwich Thins®, so for lunch I made sandwiches.
I couldn’t believe it since my husband is such a picky eater, but he loved using the Sandwich Thins® for the ham sandwich. I must confess also that I have used the Sandwich Thins® for breakfast. I just toast the Sandwich Thins® and add butter instead of using plain white bread.
Want an idea for lunch? Try out the Orchard Grilled Cheese.
Orchard Grilled Cheese
- 1 Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls Honey Wheat roll
- 3 thin slices Granny Smith apple
- 1 oz. fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 oz. pear, such as Bosc
- nonfat canola oil nonstick spray
Serving Size: 1 serving
- Place apple slices on bottom half of the Sandwich Thins® roll. Top with cheese, pear slices, and lastly, the top Sandwich Thins® roll side.
- Spray nonstick skillet with nonfat canola oil spray. Add the sandwich to the pan and cook over medium heat until light brown. Flip to cook and brown on the other side. After the cheese has completely melted, remove from the pan and enjoy!
Arnold®, Brownberry® and Oroweat® Pocket Thins® Flatbread
Weight Watchers : 3 PointsPlus VALUE®, Flavors: 100% Whole Wheat, Healthy Multi-grain. Unfortunately, I searched all the different grocery stores in my area for this product, to no avail.
Thomas’® English Muffins
These English Muffins are great for breakfast sandwiches with egg and bacon or sausage, or toasted with just butter and jelly or jam. I especially like the Cinnamon Raisin variety. The English Muffins are 140 calories with 170 mg. of sodium and 0 mg. cholesterol.
Thomas’® Bagel Thins® Bagels
Aside from loving the Thomas’® brand English Muffins, I love their bagels, as well. The Thomas’® brand is the only brand that I purchase.
All Bagel Thins® are 110 calories, cholesterol-free, low in fat and contain zero grams of Trans Fat. Weight Watchers®: 3 PointsPlus VALUE®, Flavors: Plain, 100% Whole Wheat, Cinnamon Raisin and Everything.
For those individuals who are on Weight Watchers®, I have included some recipes for you to try, which are quick and easy. But, even if you aren’t on a diet these recipes are scrumptious any time of the day.
These make a great after-school snack for your children.
Mini Bagels Pizza
- 2 Thomas’® Plain Mini Bagels, split in half
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- On a baking tray, place the split bagel with the cut side facing up. Spread pizza sauce on each mini bagel half and sprinkle each half with cheese. If desired, add additional toppings. Bake in 375° F oven for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
How about a quick appetizer?
Grape Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls Honey Wheat rolls, separated
- 4 c. grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Toast the separated Sandwich Thins® rolls to a light golden brown. In a bowl, mix tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Stack basil leaves and roll them in the shape of a log. Horizontally slice the rolled basil, making ribbons. Toss most of the cut basil with the tomatoes, reserving a bit of fresh basil to garnish. Spoon dressed tomatoes on top of each toasted Sandwich Thins® half and garnish with a few fresh basil ribbons. Eat and enjoy!
This breakfast cobbler is really good!
- 1 Thomas’® Original English Muffin, split
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp blackberry jam
- 1 tbsp granola
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Toast Thomas’ Original English Muffin. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter and then 1 tablespoon of blackberry jam onto cut sides of each English muffin half. Top with 1 tablespoon of granola. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
You will definitely want to visit the home pages of Sandwich Thins®, Pocket Thins®, and Thomas’®, as well as visiting their Facebook pages. For Sandwich Thins®, access Facebook, and for Bagel Thins® access Facebook for great ideas.
Sandwich Thins®, Pocket Thins®, and Bagel Thins® are available at most grocery stores.
I really enjoyed this review as I was able to discover the Sandwich Thins®, Pocket Thins®, and Bagel Thins®. I think you will enjoy the difference these breads will make in your family meals too.