I don’t know about you but I just love baking. However, with summer right around the corner I know I’m going to have to give my oven a little break from all these cupcake recipes but I can’t help it. I know you’re going to love these peanut butter cupcakes with light peanut butter frosting. They are perfect for the spring, light fluffy and moist with that oh so good peanut butter flavor. Every peanut butter lover should give these cupcakes a try!
Well, let’s get to making this Peanut Butter Cupcakes and Light Peanut Butter Frosting recipe!
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Light Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
To make the peanut butter cupcakes you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/3 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 C light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C whole milk, room temp
Light Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy cream
Let’s make the peanut butter cupcakes & frosting shall we:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and peanut butter together then add cream in the brown sugar.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla into the creamed mixture. Beat until well incorporated.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Alternate the addition of the dry ingredients with the milk, a third of each at a time.
- With a medium ice cream scoop fill the lined muffin cups two-thirds full
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
Light Peanut Butter Frosting Directions:
- Cream peanut butter and butter together with an electric mixer until the combination becomes a light shade about for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar, mixing until well combined.
- Check for consistency of the frosting. See if the frosting will hold a peak. If not add more powdered sugar, if too thick pour in the heavy cream a tablespoon at a time beating until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer beat on high for 3-4 minutes. The buttercream should be light and fluffy.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Working on the outside begin frosting the cupcake in a circle motion from outside to the center of the cupcake.
If you’d like to print out the peanut butter cupcakes with a yummy light peanut butter frosting recipe you can do so using the below recipe card. Enjoy.
If you want a few more peanut butter recipes you might enjoy! I know I sure did.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Balls with Chia Seed