Have a sweet tooth? Try my Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread!
I am all about saving money and getting the biggest bang out of my buck. I love a dish that can serve as one thing and then be turned into another. While browsing on Pinterest one day it occurred to me. Monkey Breads are insanely popular right now. There are so many ways you can enjoy a Monkey Bread, from something filling for dinner, such as a pizza one. They can also be served with sweet goodness for dessert. I’m pretty sure there is even a breakfast bread floating around online somewhere. With monkeys and breads in mind, I came up with the most delicious idea, a Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread. This dish would be perfect to feed the kids for lunch and then served after dinner with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
So what is great about a monkey bread? It is a bread that is broken up into pieces and usually made in a bundt pan. The breads are usually dipped or drizzled in some sort of gooey mixture (usually caramel, egg mix or similar) and then placed in the pan and baked. A lot of times, you can add in a little surprise into the bread before you roll it up and dip it into the mix. In this recipe, I will be placing a dollop of peanut butter into the bread before rolling it up. Now get ready to get to work making my delicious, and most requested, Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread
For this recipe you will only need the following ingredients:
2 Cans of Pillsbury Biscuits.
1 Cup of sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Cup butter melted
1 Cup brown sugar, packed
1 Cup peanut butter
Ziploc bag for coating the biscuit pieces.
Your favorite jar of jelly to melt and drizzle.
Let’s get these in the oven, shall we?!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray down your bundt cake pan with Pam Spray. Open up your biscuits (be careful) and cut each biscuit into eight pieces and set them aside. In a small bowl, combine your sugar and cinnamon, mix well and pour into your Ziploc bag.
- Take each piece of the dough you just cut and roll them out and place a good dollop of peanut butter. Then roll them into a ball and place into the Ziploc bag with the sugar and cinnamon. Once you have all balls made, shake the bag generously until the bread is well coated.
- Spray your bundt pan one more time, you can never use enough Pam. Place your bread in the pan. In a small sauce pan, combine your butter and brown sugar and mix until it is well combined. Pour this mixture on top of your bundt pan (over the bread balls).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Once your 40 minutes is over, take out your pan. Note: The center will be a little jiggly, that is ok!
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, flip over the bundt pan on a sheet and take it out by lightly tapping the sides. Drizzle your melted jelly over the bread. Enjoy.
I hope you enjoy my Peanut Butter and Jelly Monkey Bread as much as my family did. This is perfect for breakfast, lunch and even dessert. If you wish to print this out and save in your recipe binder, use the recipe card below. If you make these, remember to let me know how they turn out and if you like to feel free to post a picture to on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and post it to my page or just tag me.
If you loved this recipe, you may also like these: