Doesn’t peanut buttery, oh so chocolate, honey cereal bars sound amazing? They are, I used to use corn syrup on these, but I recently started using honey more when I bake and OMG, so much better!
Peanut Buttery Honey Cereal Bars with Dark Chocolate
To make the peanut butter honey cereal bars with dark chocolate you’ll only need the following four ingredients:
- 6 Cups Cheerios™
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 bag Chocolate Chips
- Place Cheerios™ in a large bowl and set aside for later.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a medium sized pan. Turn stovetop on low and heat mixture. Be sure to stir continuously until the begins to thin out a bit, about 3 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to do it over, you don’t want the peanut butter and honey to burn.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over Cheerios™ and mix until all cereal is covered.
- Grab a pan and line with wax paper.
- Put Cheerios™ mixture into the pan, spreading it out as even as possible and press down to pack together. I use a spatula and my hand to pack the cereal bars down.
- Allow cereal bars to sit until the mixture hardens. I leave mine in the freezer overnight or at least for 4 to 6 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips on the stovetop using a low setting. Stir continuously until all the chips are melted and dip each bar into the chocolate and set on wax paper.
- Drizzle the rest of the chocolate over the top of the cereal bars.
- Allow cereal bars to sit until chocolate hardens for several hours or you can cheat like me and put that bad boy back in the freezer.
The other day the girls and I went to Walmart to grab a few things and we decided that we wanted to make some cereal bars to change up our morning routine for a day or two. So we grabbed the biggest box of Cheerios™ we could find and tossed it in the basket. Of cours, we couldn’t leave without the Honey Nut Cheerios™ and Multi-Grain Cheerios™ too.
My kids and I love Cheerios™ for breakfast and every now and then when dads out of town we will go out for a girls day, get home a little late and sit down for a bowl of Cheerios™ together. My personal favorite is the Honey Nut Cheerios™, my husband likes the traditional Cheerios™ and the kids, well they like EVERYTHING lol.
Be sure to grab your Cheerios™ Coupon from Walmart here.
This is a sponsored post written by me for Cheerios. All opinions are my own.