Raise your hand if you’re looking for a totally fun Halloween Recipe using noodles! Okay, so maybe you’re not actively looking for a spooky Halloween Spaghetti recipe but I hope you enjoy this fun totally fun and Purple Four Eyed Monster Spaghetti Halloween Recipe. My kids LOVE it and our Spooky Monster Meatball Sub Sandwich.
My youngest daughter is a PICKY eater, like many of you I have to get creative when it comes to getting her to eat her food. It’s funny the way it works, normally she wouldn’t say spaghetti is yucky, but when you make it purple and fun like this she is all about it. She tells me that the purple noodles are much better than the white ones, lol. Hey, whatever it takes right. Plus, I have to admit Halloween recipes are by far my favorite because you can have so much fun creating them and just about everything goes.
I can’t speak for everyone but I can tell you how I feel about fun food like this, it does make things taste better and if there is anyway to make spaghetti better it’s with a fun recipe! This recipe doesn’t make a mess, otherwise, you could always take advantage of the best robot mops.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this fun Purple Monster Spaghetti Recipe for Halloween as much as we do. Hey, and if you have a picky eater, remember the purple noodles just taste better lol. Oh, and remember you can totally have fun with the noodles and make them your child’s favorite color or even your own so they taste even more yummy!
The monster spaghetti Halloween recipe might not really taste better than my traditional spaghetti, but I’m going to agree with my kids, it sure is a whole lot more fun to eat when it’s gone purple for Halloween, lol. Enjoy!
Purple Four Eyed Monster Spaghetti Halloween Recipe
1 package of spaghetti noodles Purple gel food coloring
Marinara Sauce Ingredients:
1-28 oz. can stewed tomatoes
1 can of tomato paste
4 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp of a jar of pre-minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
6 TBSP Olive oil
1/3 cup diced onion
1 jar of Spanish olives with pimientos
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil water in a large pot.
- Add 1 TBSP of salt to the pot.
- Add pasta. Stir it then test the pasta by tasting it. Drain the pasta next.
- Pour pasta into a colander to drain. Rinse in cool water.
- In a large zip lock bag add 2 TBSP of water and about 10-20 drops of purple food coloring. Shake to blend the color into the sealed bag.
- Pour the cooled spaghetti into the bag with the food coloring. Seal the bag. Gently with your hands combine the spaghetti and food coloring by shaking the bag or kneading the bag. -Allow the filled bag to sit for 1 minute.
- Dump the colored spaghetti back into the colander rinsing with cold water to remove any excess coloring.
- Transfer spaghetti to a bowl.
- Add all ingredients (except olive oil and onion) to a food processor . Puree.
- Pour some olive oil in a skillet and add minced onion.
- Sauté onions until soft.
- Add pureed sauce and cook for 30 minutes.
- Put purple spaghetti on a plate.
- Spoon some marinara in four spots on the purple spaghetti. Place a Spanish olive in the center of each of the four spoonful's of marinara as the eyes
Be sure to check out a few of our other Halloween recipes: