I recently made these Quick & Easy Mini Cinnamon Crescent Rolls for our family movie night. They are super easy, don’t take long and went great with our pizza and family movie night.
If there is one day of the week I look forward to it is family movie night! I just love it because we can all sit down for a little while and unwind after our long weeks. Everyone looks forward to family movie night because they know it’s a total relax night and the kids love it because I typically try and make something easy for dinner like we did this week – Red Baron Pizza and Cinnamon Crescent Rolls.
I always try and get the pizza in the oven about 6:30 so we are ready to roll by 7:00 pm because we attempt to finish the movie by 8:30 pm and have the kids in bed at 9 pm. Unless of course I decide to try something new like these crescent rolls then I attempt to start cooking everything a little earlier. Even though they were super easy and I was done early things would have happened differently had, I waited. It never fails, I have bad luck. So to play it safe I have learned just to start a little early because getting up and down during the movie isn’t fun.
As the kids get older, movie nights become more and more important to my husband and me because the kids will sit through a whole movie. They don’t even ask to go potty that much. Well, unless we go to the movies and, in that case, they need to go at least four times lol.
These two boys right here are my pizza boys, especially my son. I seriously think he could live on Red Baron Cheese Pizza lol. Anytime you ask that boy what he wants for dinner he will say cheese pizza, and it’s been that way since the words could roll out of his mouth. He looks like a pretty happy camper there with his Red Baron Cheese Pizza doesn’t he? He’s smiling, and I got a picture of it, which doesn’t happen unless he is eating pizza otherwise, he hates photos and will not smile for them lol.
Of course, by the time the movies is over and the pizza is gone the kids start asking if they can just watch one more movie and complaining that they are not sleepy, but my husband and I know better than to fall for that one. We have tried letting them stay up for 30 minutes after their bedtime and that 30 minutes makes a big difference in the morning. Plus, I’m not old enough to stay up much after their bedtime. Plus, I’m not old enough to stay up too late, I have to get them up for school lol.
At least, nobody complains about Red Baron pizza! I can get something everyone enjoys. They have several different kinds of crusts and toppings. Thanks to Red Baron even in our house full of people who all like different things we can do something quick and easy and not hear anyone complain about dinner at least. Someone does however almost always complain about the movie we pick out, but I think they do that just because things feel sort of weird if everyone is happy about the same thing lol.
This movie night was special because not one person complained about anything! The Red Baron Pizza was a hit, the Mini Cinnamon Crescent Rolls were loved, and we watched The Good Dinosaur, so nobody even complained about the movie. Yippee, movie night was a hit!
Since you can grab Red Baron Pizza from your local grocery store, I can’t share that recipe. I know, it looks so yummy it’s hard to believe it, but I didn’t, but I did make the Mini Cinnamon Crescent Rolls. So I’ll share that recipe with you so you can enjoy a quick, easy, and totally yummy pizza movie night with your family too. I’m crossing my fingers yours goes as good as mine, lol. Just remember, pick The Good Dinosaur, so nobody has anything to complain about – good food, good company, and a good movie.
Red Baron pizzas have an awesome crust and I love the way they bake. It’s nice and crispy in all the right places but not too crispy. They’re topped with an awesome sauce with all the right spices and herbs, plenty of cheese, and you can choose different toppings. Red Baron has been around for four decades, they have seen many traditions, trends and fads in that time. Oh, who I am kidding, visit their website here so you too can travel through time and check out the timeless tradition of pizza night and help them celebrate 40 years!
Quick & Easy Mini Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
To make the cinnamon crescent rolls you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
- 1 C cinnamon sugar*
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1-3 tsp water
Cinnamon sugar Ingredients:
- 1 C sugar
- 4 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 6 TBSP whole milk, room temp
How to make these super yummy cinnamon crescents:
- Preheat your oven according to the directions on the crescent rolls. Prepare your cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper and unroll each of the crescent rolls cans one at a time, placing the individual rolls on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Cut each crescent roll in half, lengthwise and set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon and mix. Set aside.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave. Set aside.
- Brush butter on each crescent roll with a baking brush. If you don’t have a brush you can use your fingers, just make sure that the butter is cool enough to touch.
- After the rolls are covered with butter sprinkle each halved butter coated crescent roll with a heavy coat of sugar cinnamon.
- Roll the coated rolls into a curved crescent shape and set aside for a moment. Roll each prepared to roll into a curved crescent shape.
- Whisk together the egg and water until thoroughly mixed.
- Brush each rolled crescent with the egg mixture and bake according to the directions on the can. Using a bakery brush, brush each rolled crescent with the egg wash.
- While they are baking, you can prepare the glaze by adding the powder sugar and milk together in a small bowl and whisking until it’s creamy. You can thicken it up by adding more powder sugar or thin it out by adding more milk. Using a bakery brush, brush each rolled crescent with the egg wash.
- Remove crescents from the oven, allow cooling for about 2 minutes before applying the glaze. Using a bakery brush, brush each rolled crescent with the egg wash.
- Use a spoon and drizzle the glaze over each of the crescents and allow to cool.
I don’t let the kids have too many sweets so this was a nice treat for them. They really loved them and I was actually surprised my husband said they were good and ate several, he normally doesn’t like things like this. I don’t think he was just trying to be nice because he ate three. Normally when he is just trying to be nice I can tell because he won’t finish something and tries to tell me it is because he is already so full lol.
Happy 40 Years Red Baron!
You can help them celebrate by swinging by their website here and enjoying a family pizza night too.
Best of luck everyone!