Hawaii is such a beautiful location surrounded by mountains, valleys, white sand beaches, and an extraordinary lifestyle that makes it a global attraction. If you like to explore different places and go on various adventures, you would definitely like to visit Hawaii and enjoy its glorious beauty.
While you gain information about various Islands in Hawaii, you might also want to discover food joints in Oahu, Waikiki, and other places. It is better you do research before planning a trip to avoid struggling at the last minute. Also, you can find amazing foods around the place. So, if you want to discover the best breakfast in Waikiki or the best beach in Oahu, you get plenty of blogs on the Internet that will take you through all the necessary information.
As for now, if you are confused about planning a trip to Hawaii and its beautiful Oahu Island, you’ll get some exciting information in this post. So without further ado, quickly scroll down to explore various exciting things about this tropical vacation spot.
Explore the Eight Islands
Some of you might know that Hawaii is made of eight small islands that are unique in their ways. The eight islands include Hawai’i, Kahoolawe, Maui, O’ahu, Moloka’i, Kaua’i, Ni’ihau, and Lana’i.
Oahu is among the most popular islands in the state that gets maximum tourist attraction. People can enjoy shopping, partying at clubs, cherishing meals, and relaxing on the Waikiki beach watching the sunset. It is a perfect place to have the best of both worlds. You get to explore the rich culture of Hawaii, museums, famous landmarks with some solid history and have fun while climbing trees, coconut husting, canoe rides, and fire walking. If you are not much into exploring the cultural values in Oahu, you can spend your time chilling on the Waikiki beach.
Where is Waikiki Beach?
Waikiki Beach is located on the southern shore of Oahu. It also falls on the east side of Honolulu and is perfect for tourists who want to enjoy water sports and other fun activities by the beach.
Why is Waikiki Worth Your Visit?
If you travel to Hawaii and don’t spend some day in Waikiki, you’ll be missing out on many things. Things that make Waikiki interesting for visitors are:
- You don’t have to make an effort to go anywhere. Yes, you can walk your way to any destination you like from Waikiki beach. Suppose you don’t want a rental car, you will have to walk for five minutes or less to find local transport that can take you to your next destination.
- You can see the Diamond Head from your beach chair. It is a popular attraction for tourists, and many people complete a hiking trail to reach the top of the Carter to get the perfect view. However, those who are not keen on hiking to reach the top of the Crater can get its profile from the Waikiki beach.
- While you plan to visit Waikiki, you should know that it is the safest beach to surf. If you are a new surfer and want to give it a try, you can find a rental shop around the beach to rent a surfing board and do what you love. As a fact, Duke Kahanamoku, a Hawaiian surfer and an Olympic swimmer, was the one who made Waikiki globally famous.
- Another great spot that you can discover in Waikiki is the Waikiki aquarium. You will definitely have fun as you learn about the unique Hawaiian sea life. A vast section of the aquarium is devoted to residential coral reefs. People living in North Hawaii travel all the way to see undiscovered water species that are found only in this particular region.
- There are several eateries where you’ll get the best breakfast in Waikiki. Whether you want to try traditional Hawaiian cuisine or want to get a healthy breakfast, you can visit many restaurants located on the streets of Oahu to have the most important meal of the day.
Hopefully, you are convinced enough to visit Hawaii to have a lovely vacation with your friends and family. So, make a resolution to visit Hawaii if you are planning for a vacation.