Can you believe it’s already almost the 4th of July? I figured I had better get to make some 4th of July recipes like these Red Whtie & Blue Patriotic Cupcakes before it’s gone. Time sure does pass us by if we don’t stop to enjoy the frosting and the features on our KitchenAid Artisan Mini Mixers right?
Red White and Blue Patriotic Cupcakes
To make these Red White & Blue Cupcakes you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of French vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C (1 stick) of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla bean paste
- 24 cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Blue and red food coloring
- 3 bowl
- medium star tip and pastry bag
- Large cup to put the piping bag in
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with the liners.
- In the bowl to your KitchenAid Artesian Mini Mixer, combine the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla bean paste and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out and place on the side to cool.
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients except the food coloring into the bowl and mix on medium speed.
- If your frosting starts looking like powdery rocks, add another tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until you see creamy stiffed peaks.
- Separate the frosting into three bowls.
- Add the red food dye into one bowl.
- Add the blue food dye into the second bowl.
- Leave the third bowl white.
- Fit the star tip into the piping bag and place the bag inside the cup, pulling the bag over the edge of the cup.
- Using a spoon, scoop some of the red icing and put it on 1/3 part of the piping bag.
- Repeat with the blue and white frosting.
- Twist the top of the piping bag and squeeze the frosting down.
- Take your cooled cupcake and frosting the cupcake from the outer edge.
If you would like to print the recipe for these fun Red White and Blue Cupcakes for the 4th of July you can do so using the below recipe card.