“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Kenwood Vineyards. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
The holidays are a stressful time of year and can put a lot of strain on any relationship. Have you ever started to have relationship problems around the holidays? Gosh, I have, and I remember sitting online searching for relationship tips, how to have healthy relationships, and anything else I could stumble upon that would help me understand what was happening. Here we are several years later, and a lot wiser about how to have healthy relationships. Looking back, a lot of the problems were not only my husband, as I thought. They were me, and the things he did made me feel more and more insecure about our relationship, which ended up in a mess.
Are you starting to feel the stress of the holidays impact your relationship? If so, here are a few relationship tips on how to have a healthy relationship during the holidays. I hope you find a few that help you along the way.
I’m going to be honest; my husband and I get a bit stressed out during the holidays. We both have family and friends who come over, and things can get a little stressful for both of us. I’m blessed with an amazing family, which my husband loves like his own. Then there is me. I tried to give a certain relationship from my husband side 100% for things not to blow up.
Relationship Tips: How To Have Healthy Relationships During The Holidays
I don’t want to cause my husband problems, and everyone wants to keep my mother-in-law happy, so they pretend like certain events never happened. I know why my husband does it, but I, on the other hand, just can’t say what they want to hear. To avoid a confrontation, I avoid the person all together. I know my husband understands why, and supports my reason, but I also feel sorry because I don’t want to keep him from enjoying time with his family and friends.
- Communication – Without communication, a relationship is lacking an important branch of a successful relationship. The two of you need to be able to talk to one another, which mean you also have to be approachable, allow your partner to say what’s on their mind without interrupting when needed, and most importantly truly care about what your partner is saying. Whether it’s about work, or something about your relationship – stop, make eye contact, listen and care!
- Expectations – This one was hard for my husband and myself. Sometimes you want your spouse to be concerned about things you think he/she should, because they’re important to you. However, remember that men and women are in no way on the same ship when it comes to certain things. It’s hard to meet something you know nothing about! Now, by expectations I am not saying make it the law, or be rude. Better yet, let your partner know what you expect, why, and be willing to talk about it.
- Do Something Special For Each other Twice a Week – Anything that will put a smile on one another’s face will do just fine. The more you’re able to do something sweet the better, it’s a great way to make your spouse feel special during the holidays, because if we’re not careful they can start to feel alone.
- Text to Say I Love You When You Think about Them – Do it, every single time!
- Flirt – Say it, when you text be flirt! If you are looking for relationship tips that make your marriage fun again, than think back to when you started dating, and have fun with it. Flirting is a great way to keep relationships healthy, and fun!
- Be Flexible – Remember they have family and friends too! If you’re able to stay flexible, it will make things easier, but remember your partner will need to do the same.
- The Two Of You Are a Team, Remember It – During the holidays, while you are mingling with your family and friends, don’t bad mouth your partner, because when all the family is gone, and you’ve had your fun, there you are back in the same house with them.
- Have One Another’s Back 100% of the time – I don’t know if there is one of the relationship tips that is more important than the other, but being there for one another 100% is pretty important. I have seen so many friends be so sweet to their husband while they are with him, and the second they’re away, they start badmouthing them, because whoever they are talking to doesn’t care for them. Don’t do that, they’re your partner, and if you plan on having a healthy relationship you have to be there 100% and even when you’re mad keep your mouth shut! I honestly do not think anyone should bad mouth their partner, not even if they’re mad.
- Weekly Date Nights – DATE NIGHTS are excellent! If you’re looking for a way to keep your relationship healthy you cannot go wrong with date night! During the holidays my husband and I like to try to catch a movie or something, but if you can’t get out of the house, put the kids in bed early, pour a glass of Kenwood Vineyards wine, and take a bath or watch a movie together. It doesn’t really matter what you do, as long as you are together, talking and having a good time. It’s also a great way to get rid of any holiday stress, especially if you take a hot bath and then take turns massaging one another!
Remember when you’re with your partner, the only thing that should matter is the two of you and how you feel! So relax, grab a nice glass of your favorite Kenwood Vineyards wine, and enjoy the opportunity.
Kenwood Vineyards wine is fabulous! It was perfect for our weekly date night that helps keep our relationship healthy this holiday season! Did you know Kenwood Vineyards’s sources grapes from several sustainable (natural soil amendments and pest controls when possible and not chemicals) local vineyards in and around the Sonoma Valley area. Yes, Kenwood Vineyards is located in the heart of the Sonoma Valley, and is dedicated to bringing their customers premium wines, which represent the Sonoma Country’s world-class vineyards.
I was sent three bottles of wine. My husband, and I used one bottle for our date night, and the rest I’ll be saving for when the family gets here. Oh, no way I am not sharing, I will need it to cope with everything, lol. Of course, I’ll share it with my favorite family members and friends.
We are having our pre-Thanksgiving get-together this weekend, and I’ll be sharing more of Kenwood Vineyards wine! We typically don’t have much alcohol during Thanksgiving because everyone leaves after we’re done eating. Plus, it’s a great reason to have the pre-gathering. It’s sort of a let loose, come as you are, and enjoying being with the people you love evening. Much lower stress than Thanksgiving at my house.
Kenwood Vineyards Donation
Kenwood Vineyards wine is more than just great wine, because they know that Thanksgiving is an opportunity to give thanks for the things in our life’s we are grateful for. Whether it’s the roof over you head, or a family you’re spending the holidays with, it is always on the top of our minds this time of year.
Kenwood Vineyards wines wants to know what your Thanksgiving traditions are, and how you and your family gives thanks each year.
This 2014 Thanksgiving Kenwood Vineyards wine will be donating $25,000 to WhyHunger in supporting the end of hunger by giving back during the holidays.
What is WhyHunger?
WhyHunger is the leader in building a movement to end poverty and hunger. They do this by connection people in need with healthy and nutritious food, and by supporting grassroots solutions that inspire self-reliance and community empowerment.
WhyHunger has received four stars for excellence in accountability, transparence, and fiscal management from America’s leading independent charity evaluator, Charity Navigator for the past four years.