I thought some of you may enjoy this amazing recipe for St Patrick’s Day! I did not have a chance to try this one thought it looked interesting and wanted to share so if you do try it post a comment and let me know how it turns out! Hope its great it sounds amazing. Ingredients
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark run
- 3/4 cup white basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cups half and half divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 extra large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- in small bowl combine raisins and run then set aside
- combine the rice and salt with 1 1/2 cups water in medium heavy bottomed stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil, stir once and simmer, cover, on the lowest heat for 8-9 mins. Until most of water is absorbed.
- Stir in 4 cups of half and half and sugar and bring to a boil. Summer uncovered for 25 mins, until the rice is very soft. Stir often particularity toward the end. Slowly stir in the beaten egg and continue to cook for 1 min.
- Take off the heat and add the remaining cup of half and half, vanilla, and raisins with any remaining run.
- Stir well, pour into a bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming on top.
- Serve warm or chilled