I am so excited to share with you one of my favorite dinners. Get your cooking utensils ready for this fabulous Rustic Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pasta Recipe!
We all know that dreaded time of the day when kids are saying “mommy what’s for dinner?” or the husband comes in and asks “ hun, when will dinner be ready?” I have gotten a little better about planning meals in advance, but there are some days I just want to throw everything in a pot, put it in the oven and let it do its thing until it is ready to come out of the oven. That is one reason I love using a cast iron skillet to do a majority of my cooking. My iron skillet is ready to go whenever I am and is ready to cook whatever I am. Today, I will be sharing one of my favorite cast iron skillet meals, Rustic Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pasta.
Rustic Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pasta Recipe
There are many reasons why cooking in a cast iron skillet is awesome. Here are a few of the reasons I love to cook in a cast iron skillet:
- Go straight from cooking on the stove top, to baking in the oven! No need to dirty up another pan.
- They are so easy to clean and food doesn’t stick.
- Since the pan is nonstick, you really don’t have to use a ton of oil.
This recipe is very easy and filling. The whole family will love it. The Rustic Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pasta Recipe is the perfect meal for any day of the week.
You will only need a few ingredients to make this yummy Rustic Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pasta Recipe:
- 1 package of your favorite spaghetti noodles
- 1 Jar of your favorite alfredo sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 package of your fav bacon
- 1 package of spinach
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now let’s get to making this dish so we can get dinner on the table ASAP!!
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook noodles as directed on the package. When they are finished drain and set aside for later.
- Grab your iron skillet, warm it up on medium high heat and cook your bacon until it’s finished. Remove the bacon and set aside for later.
- Next, you’ll add the olive oil, allow it to warm up a big. It shouldn’t take long.
- Prepare the chicken by seasoning the breast with salt and pepper. Everyone is different so season to your liking.
- Next place chicken into the cast iron skillet and cook for 20 minutes or until done. Be sure to flip the chicken about every 5 minutes. Once chicken is finished remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Next, we will add in the cherry tomatoes and spinach and cook those on medium heat until the is done cooking, it will be tender and a bit wilted.
- Shred chicken, break up bacon, and grab the noodles and put them all back into the cast iron skillet. Top with some yummy alfredo sauce.
Note: You can serve it just like this or you can place it in the oven for a few minutes to get a light golden brown.
I hope you enjoy my Rustic Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Pasta Recipe as much as my family and I did. This is one of our favorite meals and I try to fix it once a week. If you wish, you can print out the recipe card below to keep in your recipe binder. If you make these, remember to let me know how they turn out and if you like to feel free to post a picture to on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and post it to my page or just tag me.
You may also like: