Happy National Cereal Day, well almost it’s March 7th! I recently made these awesome Samoa No Bake Cereal Bars that were OMG so stinking amazing. Yes, like the girl scout cookie that everyone seems to fall in love with. Not only are cereal bars a nice breakfast treat from time to time, they are easy to make and they work well as an after school snack or even something sweet after dinner.
I’m super excited to share the cereal bars recipe with you. So pull up a chair grab the ingredients and let’s get started.
- 3 cups of Superman Caramel Crunch Cereal you could something similar.
- 1 Cup Coca Puffs Cereal you can also use Batman Chocolate Strawberry Cereal and I’m sure it would taste fabulous. I would not know because my family ate all the Batman cereal before I made the cereal bars.
- 1 Cup of Golden Grahams Cereal
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut (unsweetened or sweetened will work)
- 1 bag caramels
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
Let’s start making these cereal bars:
- You don’t even have to preheat the oven. I love it when that happens. So grab yourself a 9×9 square baking pan and some parchment paper or something to cover the pan with. You’re going to want the cereal bars to come out nice and easy. Prepare your pan.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal and smash it up a bit. It doesn’t have to be perfect but it will mix better if you smash it up a tad.
- In a medium sized saucepan combine honey and peanut butter and heat on medium-low until the peanut butter is melted and mixed with the honey. It will be a thick and creamy consistency.
- Remove from flame, add vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour your peanut butter mixture over the cereal and mix completely. It should cover all of the cereal. If you need a little more, you can add a little honey. I did have to add a little to mine, but I didn’t measure my cereal that well so I think I got extra.
- Once everything is mixed, it’s time to put the cereal mixture into your pan and push it firmly into the corners and bottom of the pan. You want it pushed together as much as possible.
- Sprinkle 1/3 to ½ cup coconut over the top of the cereal
- Melt the 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 10-second increments. Each time pull the chips out and give them a stir; you don’t want them to burn.
- Scoop into a piping bag and go up and down the pan of cereal bars. There is no special way to do this once you cut the bars you can’t tell anyway so have fun.
- Melt caramel the same way you did the chocolate and pipe caramel on the same way.
- Sprinkle the rest of the coconut on the top of the chocolate and caramel.
- Place pan in fridge for 1 to 2 hours or until they are nice and cool.
- Remove cereal bars from pan and cut. Dip each piece into the dark chocolate and set upside down on wax paper until dry enough to set on bottom. It only takes a few minutes and they are ready!
- Melt the rest of your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 10 second increments. Each time pull the chips out and give them a stir, you don’t want them to burn.
- Enjoy! Be sure to store in a cool place.
Don’t worry most of the coconut will stay on because we added before the chocolate. Enjoy
These are by far my favorite cereal bars I have made I hope you like them as much as we do. If you decide to make the Samoa No Bake Bars be sure to share a picture with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram by tagging us int he post.