It’s amazing what dinner recipes one can come up with when they are in a pinch. I tend to make better meals when I’m budgeting than any other time. Like this Sausage Meatball & Spinach Alfredo Recipe! Which, by the way, cost me less than $10 and I even had leftovers for the following day. That means mom had a yummy lunch while everyone was at work and school. It makes me happy when that happens.
To make this Sausage Meatball & Spinach Alfredo Recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 Barilla Blue Box Pasta Penne (1/2 pound)
- 1 package Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage (19 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups heavy whipped cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Boil water, pour Barilla Penne Pasta into the water and cook as directed.
- While the pasta is cooking, make sausage meatballs using Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage. You can make the meatballs any size you like. I like to make mine different sizes and save the smaller meatballs to put on top of the pasta.
- Once you have all the meatballs finished place them into a frying pan with two tablespoons of olive oil and cook thoroughly.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, drain water and set aside.
- Once sausage meatballs have finished cooking place a paper towel in the bottom of a bowl and put meatballs into the bowl. Set aside.
- Pour milk and butter into a medium-sized pan and warm on medium heat. Once the milk and butter mixture are hot, add garlic and parmesan cheese and turn up the heat to high and allow to reach a boil. Be sure to stir or whisk the entire time or it will burn. Once it reaches a boil remove from heat, continue to stir until you are sure all the cheese is melted.
- Add spinach and mix.
- Pour Alfredo sauce and meatballs over pasta and mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Parmesan cheese (optional)
I love mine with a little extra parmesan cheese on top, but it’s great without it. I just lucked out and happened to have some parmesan cheese that I could sprinkle on in my pantry. Regardless it’s going to taste fabulous. Seriously, there is sausage, noodles, spinach, and an easy homemade Alfredo sauce; it’s quick and easy to make. Plus, remember it cost under $10 for me to make this meal which includes leftovers. I love having leftovers; it means my husband and I don’t have to stress about making anything for lunch. Does it get much better than that? Everyone loved this Sausage Meatball & Spinach Alfredo Recipe, it’s a huge hit in our home! You can’t go wrong with the taste or the fact that I spent less than $10 on it! Yes, pretty amazing isn’t it! Of course, I did have a few things in the pantry, but I did purchase all the main ingredients.
If you ask me, the Sausage Meatball & Spinach Alfredo Recipe is a win-win! It’s perfect for dinner whether you’re getting home a little late because practice ran late, you’re in a pinch, or you just want something everyone can agree on without spending the whole evening in the kitchen.
Be sure to check out all our other yummy dinner recipe ideas.