“I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
I’m always hunting for easy breakfast ideas, especially with school right around the corner, but I’m more of a brunch person. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat something light for breakfast, but brunch is my favorite because I’m hungry enough that I want something that taste like breakfast but fills me up, which is why I love this sausage, spinach, and egg breakfast muffin recipe.
This muffin recipe is great for the kids before they head to school and even better for brunch with the girls. Since I know I’m not the only one with kids returning to school shortly I thought I would share this fabulous bacon and/or sausage breakfast muffin recipe.
We made both sausage and bacon breakfast muffins so I thought I would share both since they are made the same regardless of the which one you use.
Easy Bacon and/or Sausage Spinach & Eggs Breakfast Muffins
- 1 package cooked sausage or bacon
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach (more or less as desired)
- 1 Cup P.A.N White Cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Let’s start cooking these easy breakfast muffins:
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan. Feel free to use muffin liners, we didn’t because we were out. If you do use liners be sure to spay them each with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage or bacon, drain, allow grease to drain by placing it on a paper towel, or in a strainer, and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat 4 eggs, add 1 tablespoon milk, salt and pepper as desired. Scramble eggs in skillet, about 5 minutes. Combine scrambled eggs and sausage/bacon.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat, add spinach, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add cornmeal, flour, eggs, milk, baking powder, salt and pepper as desired and mix completely.
- Fold in scramble eggs, ½ cup cheese, bacon and/or sausage, and spinach.
- Place in muffin pan by evenly distributing batter between the cups filling almost to the top. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. To check if they are finished use a toothpick, place it in the center of the breakfast muffin. If toothpick comes out clean, without batter they are finished. Sprinkle with cheese and place back in the oven until melted about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy.
The breakfast muffins are great for breakfast, brunch with the girls, or even those nights when you want breakfast for dinner because they are filling and taste fabulous. Plus, you can make a double batch and freeze some for those mornings when you don’t have time but need something that will fill you up.
P.A.N Cornmeal is an awesome pantry staple that’s making its debut here in the United States and is the ideal addition to any kitchen. See, P.A.N Cornmeal is already the number one cornmeal in South America and has quickly become a favorite in our home due to its rich nutrients, and versatility. Cornmeal is not only a staple here in the United States, but in countries all over the globe. Whether you’re looking for something quick and easy or to be creative P.A.N Cornmeal is a versatile ingredient, and an awesome base ingredient for creating your brunch favorites.
For more great recipes using P.A.N Cornmeal be sure to head over to the P.A.N Tumblr Page here.