Looking for a tasty simple way to make something quick and delicious that is loaded with natural antioxidants, healthy fats, protein, and other nutrients? You are going to love this recipe for Seeds of Change® warm grain bowl with wild salmon, almonds and salsa verde.
Seeds of Change® Warm Grain Bowl with Salmon, Almonds and Salsa Verde
This is a terrific and simple way to make a quick and delicious meal that’s packed with nutrients, natural antioxidants and healthy fats and protein!
- 1 package of Seeds of Change® Quinoa, Brown & Red rice with Flaxseeds
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- ½ cup shitake mushroom caps, sliced (can substitute button mushrooms or other wild mushrooms)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 8 three ounce filets of wild salmon
For the salsa verde
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves
- ½ cup packed mint leaves
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- In an oven proof pan, season salmon with salt, pepper and drizzle each filet with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine all the ingredients for the salsa verde in a blender or food processor and pulse until fully incorporated but still rustic and chunky. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1TBSP of extra virgin olive oil in a medium sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and asparagus and sauté vigorously for 3-5 minutes, then add the Seeds of Change® Quinoa, Brown & Red rice with Flaxseeds and slivered almonds and continue to sauté until heated through, about 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the grains amongst 8 plates and place 1 piece of salmon on top of each plate then finish with a dollop of salsa verde and enjoy immediately!
Have you heard of Seeds of Change™ annual Grant Program? It’s a grand that benefits school and community gardening and farming programs right here in the US in an effort to encourage Americans to start living a healthier lifestyle. The brand donates one percent of their net sales to fund their annual Grand Program and this year the Seeds of Change™ Grant Program will be awarding $310,000 in grants to 24 garden projects around the US.
- Two schools and two communities will be awarded a total of $110,000 in grants.
- 10 schools and 10 communities will be awarded a total of $200,000 in grants.
There are a variety of public schools as well as community-based gardening and farming programs that tell the seed-to-plate story through food, sustainability, farming or nutrition that are eligible. Organizations apply March 1st through March 28th at SeedsOfChangeGrant.com.
The Seeds of Change™ Grand Program started in 2012 and has awarded more than $1 million in grant funding as of 2016. It’s helping by contributing to the health of communities with education and increase healthy food consumption. The Seeds of Change™ brand estimates over 90 tons of produce has been grown by Grant recipients which benefitted more than 35,000 across the nation. Many of the grant recipients donate produce they grow to their local food pantries. The Seed2Need program alone donated 70,000 lbs. in 2015 and they estimate that the Seeds of Change™ grant recipients have grown over 90 tons of produce in the last five years.
Okay, so it’s voting time! Yes, the public voting phase started at 12:00 pm EST March 30th, 2017 and will go until April 19, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST. All garden projects submitted for the chance to receive a grant from Seeds of Change™ can still be viewed by visiting the online gallery at SeedsOfChangeGrant.com.
YOU can help Seeds of Change™ pick the Top 50 garden projects from which the 24 final grant recipients will be selected by voting for their favorites online. You can vote once every 24 hours and the judging phase will happen between April 24th, 2017 at 12:00 pm EST and end when the winners are announced on May 8, 2017! So be sure to head over to SeedsOfChangeGrant.com and vote.
- People may vote only once per 24 hours, per entry
- The judging phase will take place between April 24, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. EST and end when the winners are announced on May 8, 2017.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Network Niche Influencer Agency and Seeds of Change™.