Whether you have been with your spouse for a month or ten years, date nights are something the two of you should regularly enjoy. Date night is essential to maintaining a healthy relationship in my opinion and yes at home date night is okay after the kids go to bed now and then, but I suggest getting a babysitter and going out for the evening.
Date night gives you both a chance to get away from your everyday life and focus on one another. Lucky for us there is an app called ParentsPal that makes date nights easier than ever before. Before We talk about this awesome new app you can grab for iOS and Android, let’s talk about why date night is so important!
Seven Reasons Date Night Is Important After Kids
Here are a few of the many reasons date night is important for your relationship:
- Commitment – It’s nice for both of you to know the other is committed to making date night happen and not just tossing it on the backburner. It should be important to both of you, and you should both be committed to making your date night happen.
- A break from the everyday routine – It does a body good to get away from their routine ever now and then. It sort of like hitting the reset button.
- Romance – Don’t let the romance go! Date nights are important because they get you out of the house away from everything that reminds you of your daily life and allows you to focus on one another, why you love each other and connect in ways you can’t stay at home. You can concentrate on one another.
- Being away from the kids is a good thing – It’s good for the kids to see you both go out for an evening of fun. They want mom and dad to be happy, and it’s also great for them to see the two of you actively keeping your relationship alive. Maybe it will help them in their later years when they decide to settle down.
- Communication without little ears – OMG, you can talk without worrying about those little ears hearing. One of my kids is so nosey. Seriously, one time she put a cell phone on record between my sister-n-law and me so she could find out what we were saying. YUP, I kid you not those darn kids can be sneaky lol.
- Get dressed up – It just feels good to get all dressed up, and it is not for work!
- Date nights can strengthen your relationship – Date nights do good things for relationships because it takes a commitment from both of you to keep those date nights coming and they give you the chance to get away, connect and enjoy each other’s company.
To help make date nights for parents easier, you can download ParentsPal App! OMG, it is AWESOME and the designer, Tony understands how important date night are to a maintaining a good relationship.
ParentsPal Is Helping Make Date Nights Easier for Parents!
The idea came from a conversation he and his wife had about a year ago while they were on a date night with some friends and the conversation about how difficult it was to book a babysitter started. Which I’m going to agree, it can get a bit annoying first there is this sheet of paper that includes all the contact info, texting all night checking in, making sure the kids are okay and don’t forget to stop at the ATM because you need to pay the sitter. Which is too easy to forget because I don’t know about you, but I don’t carry cash.
While using the app you might find services that you can find on other sites, but ParentPal is unique because it’s perfect for people who already have a family babysitter or possibly referred someone by family and friends and they want to automate the whole process. See ParentsPal includes all sorts of awesome features such as:
- Profiles – When parents create a profile it contains information such as emergency info, doctor info, information about the child, special instructions, etc. The app keeps all the information easy to access, at the click of a button they can notify and call the parents or emergency contact directly, there is no intermediate call like other so many other services. Plus, information is ONLY available to the sitter while they are watching your child. Once they are finished, the information is not available.
- Create an event – If you want to create a special date night with your spouse, you can do so from start to finish, using ParentsPal. All you have to do is send the babysitter an email inviting them, if they are already set up in the ParentsPal system as your sitter they’ll receive a push notification on their phone. If for some reasons they are not set up they will get an email inviting them to download the app. They can choose to accept or deny the notification if they accept the invite all the information is right there for them. Yup, which means no back and forth texting the day of the event, everything is planned out in the app.
- Task notifications – When setting up an event parents can set up tasks for the babysitter such as bedtimes, dinner, etc. The sitter will get a notification every time an event comes up and when it is completely the parent gets a notification to help eliminate all the unnecessary back and forth calls and texts.
- Payment – This is one of my favorite parts! You can pay the babysitter using the apps mobile payment function with your credit or debit card. Yes, how awesome is that you don’t’ even have to remember to stop and grab cash! YES!
To download ParentsPal app, you can swing over to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. You can also visit ParentsPalApp.com to learn more about the app itself and read it’s story. I think you’ll not only enjoy the story but fall in love with the app and how much easier it makes creating a mommy and daddy date night.
Not sure what to eat on date night? Try these Spinach Feta Ham Won Tons for a yummy change on your night in!
This is a sponsored post all opinions are my own.