This post is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson and I received complimentary products to facilitate my post. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines concerting the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.
Skincare is something I make time for each day, especially as I get older. I want to do everything I can to keep my skin healthy and looking great.
- Don’t pick at your face – Seriously, don’t do it. It doesn’t matter how tempting it is, avoid picking, squeezing and pinching on your face because you can develop scars.
- Eat healthily – There are tons of reasons to eat healthily, and your skin is one of them. I’m sure you have heard the old saying, “you are what you eat.” Well, eat healthily and have healthy skin.
- Drink water – Be sure you are getting your recommended amount of water each day. This can help keep your skin looking and feeling great.
- Wash daily – When you are in your tween and teen years sometimes eating right and drinking water isn’t enough. Be sure to wash your face daily with a product that works with your skin. There are products out there for all of us so find one that works with your skin.Vayda recently started using Clean & Clear® Acne Triple Clear Bubble Foam Cleaner which works to clean and fight breakouts in three different ways: 1) remove oil that clogs pores, 2) treats breakouts and soothes skin, 3) works to help prevent future breakouts. Vayda loves her Clean & Clear® Acne Triple Clear Bubble Foam Cleaner because it leaves her skin feeling clean and fresh thanks to its soothing formula with aloe & mint, it comes in an easy and fun upside down squeeze foamer bottle and every time she uses it she tells me how awesome it smells.
- Use sunscreen – Hopefully, our tweens and teens are already used to parents applying sunscreen, and it’s second nature to apply it themselves. The sun can damage your skin which can cause premature aging.
- Moisturize – Be sure to keep your skin healthy by moisturizing with products that work with your skin. I’ve been using Aveeno® Positively Radiant® Overnight Hydrating Facial which provides skin with 48 hours of hydration while working to stimulate skin renewal overnight. The Hyaluronic Acid acts as a sponge for dry skin and absorbs up to 1,000 times its weight in water. Is that awesome or what? I love it, because it works through the night to stimulate healthy skin renewal, restore skin’s natural radiance, it’s non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, oil free, okay for all skin types, there no not any sticky residue left behind, no rinsing required once you apply to your face, and even dermatologist tested. Oh, and you only need to use to 2-3 times a week in addition to regular skincare routine e for softer skin.
- Find makeup that works with your skin – Yes, there is such a thing. I’ve started using Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer, and it’s by far my favorite concealer. Neutrogena® Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer plumps skin with moisture for 24 hours. Its unique hydrating core instantly quenches your skin with intense hydration. The concealer is lightweight, cushiony and won’t settle into lines. It’s hands down my favorite concealer! This isn’t part of my nightly skin care routine, it’s part of my morning skin care routine but I had to share with you because I just love this concealer so much.
- Use your skin care routine as a bonding time – As a mother, I am always looking for ways to bond with my children. Over the years I have learned that time is not on my side and I have to take the time I am given and get creative. Doing things together, like our skin care routine has proven to be a great bonding experience. I’m not only teaching my girls how to take care of their skin, but we are having tons of fun. Even my youngest joins in fun. As you can see she definitely puts a smile on our face and there is never a dull moment with her around lol.
Proper skin care is an important aspect of a woman’s life, and as a mother, it’s defiantly something I want to teach my daughter by establishing a skincare routine and choosing products that will work with her skin like Clean & Clear® Acne Triple Clear Bubble Foam Cleaner. Rather than just showing her what to do and going on with my day I take advantage of times like these so Vayda and I have started doing our nightly skin care routine together.
Since Vayda and I started our doing our evening skincare routine together, Mattie is right smack dab in the middle of it. By the time she is a tween, she is going to be a pro and probably helping Vayda and me with our skincare routines lol. Too bad it takes an act of congress to get her to brush her hair and teeth still lol.
We all like to save money right? I know I’m all about saving, and many of you are too, so I wanted to be sure and tell you about a few awesome in-store and Cartwheel promotions Target is having on some of your favorite skincare essentials from excellent brands like Clean & Clear® , Neutrogena® , and Aveeno® .
- Instore – Buy 3 Neutrogena® Skincare Products and get a $5 gift card
- Cartwheel – Buy Clean & Clear® and get 5% off.
- Cartwheel – Buy Aveeno® and save 5%.
Do you have any skincare tips you’d like to share? If so leave us a comment and let us know.
This is a sponsored post written by myself on behalf of Johnson and Johnson.