This post was sponsored by Meta through their partnership with ShopStyle. While I was compensated by ShopStyle Collective to write a post about Meta’s product, all opinions are my own.
My New Year’s resolution is to continue focusing on my health and get the rest of my weight off. I’ve done a good job dropping weight, but I want to do more than just drop the weight. I want to educate myself and learn as much as possible so I can maintain a healthier lifestyle for myself and my family. I started off by taking the “What Kind of Snacker Are You?” quiz sponsored by Meta Appetite Control. Registered dietitian nutritionist Jessica Fishman Levinson, MS, RDN, CDN created these “Snack ID” profiles to help us learn more about our snacking type.
By learning what kind of snacker I am, I am better able to control my snacking habits, make smarter choices when I do snack and trade my mindless munching for a mindful snack that helps me “break up” with daily snack cravings.
One of my favorite new snacks is this Blackberry Coconut Appetite Control Smoothie! Not only is it super delicious, but it also helps me get the benefit of feeling less hungry between meals*.
Blackberry Coconut Appetite Control Smoothie
- 2 rounded teaspoons Meta Appetite Control
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt (plain)
- 2 ounces water or milk (I use water for mine)
- 6 or more ice cubes (more or less depending on how you like your smoothies)
- 4 ounces blackberries
FYI – 2 teaspoons of Meta Appetite Control requires 8 ounces of liquid with meals. If you choose to leave out the ice cubes just be sure to increase the water or milk to 8 ounces. If you do use the ice cubes I did want to let you know that my ice cube tray holds once ounce of liquid per cube. Just be sure you know how much each liquid is in each of your ice cubes because you’ll need at least 6 ounces.
- Combine yogurt, water, ice, and blackberries in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add Meta Appetite Control and blend until thoroughly mixed.
Adding Meta Appetite Control to my morning smoothies has helped me feel less hungry between breakfast and lunch.* I also add Meta Appetite Control Orange Zest or Pink Lemonade flavor to 8 ounces of cold water in the afternoon and evening to help avoid my mindless munching.
I’ve never really put a whole lot of thought into categorizing the reason I snack. I’ve always thought that snacking was snacking, but thanks to Meta Appetite Control’s quiz, I’ve learned that all snacking is not created equal. I know we all enjoy a delicious snack from time to time, but there are different types of snacking. Some people enjoy sweets or snacking late at night while others like to graze during the day or, like me, just mindlessly munch. Whether your New Year’s resolution was to eat better or drop a few pounds, learning more about your snacking type and how Meta Appetite Control can be a part of your daily routine.
What’s Your Snacking Type?
Do you know what kind of snacker you are? I’m a mindless muncher, which, if I’m honest with you and myself, fits. Whether I’m chilling watching TV or working on a blog post, I tend to lose control of hands, as they’ve been known to reach inside the pretzel bag. I’ve been known to munch just because, even when I’m not hungry. I guess in a way it can be considered somewhat of a habit.
It’s been an eye-opener learning about my snacking style and reading about things I can do to help keep my snacking under control. I’ve also come up with a few things that have helped me deal with my mindless munching.
- Knowledge – I’m a firm believer that knowledge is power. The more we know and are willing to learn, the better equipped we are to handle different situations. By being open minded and taking the Meta Appetite Control Quiz, I learned about the various snacking types and found tips for my snacking type to help combat my mindless munching.
- Track what I’m eating – After finding out more about the kind of snacker I am, I decided to track everything that I put into my mouth during the day. I’ve always done this, but there were times I didn’t document things, which I guess was my mindless munching. I always put meals, but there was always snacks that I didn’t document. I suppose I didn’t give them much thought because I really wasn’t paying attention to what or how much of them I was grabbing. I’ve been a lot stricter about documenting things, which has really opened my eyes to how much mindless munching I was doing.
- Pay attention when I’m snacking – I admit it, there are times when I munch and honestly don’t really pay attention to what I’m munching on. When I took the quiz, it suggested that I look at my food, touch it with my hands or tongue, smell it and even listen to the sounds it makes when I’m chewing it. Which has helped me pay more attention to not only what I’m munching on, but I’m spending more time experiencing what I’m eating. It’s helped me to slow down, pay more attention to what I’m eating and helped me to become a more mindful muncher.
- Controlling my snacking between meals – I’ve recently started adding Meta Appetite Control to my diet, and it’s easy too. I just add it to 8 ounces of water, juice or even one of my smoothies to help me feel less hungry between meals.* Knowing what type of snacker I am and using Meta Appetite Control has really helped me step up my game.
Meta Appetite Control
- Clinically Proven – Meta Appetite Control is a fiber supplement from the makers of Metamucil. It contains 100% natural psyllium; is clinically proven to help you feel less hungry between meals;* and has helped me to “break up” with daily snack cravings.
- Psyllium Fiber – Meta Appetite Control’s primary ingredient is a natural fiber called psyllium, and it’s clinically proven to help you feel less hungry between meals.* It forms a gel in your digestive system, which helps to slow down the absorption and digestion, which aids in the sensation of fullness.
- Gluten-Free – Meta Appetite Control is gluten-free.
- It tastes great – Meta Appetite Control tastes great! I’m normally not big on things like this; they always say they taste great, and to be honest, I expected the same thing from Meta Appetite Control but I was pleasantly surprised. It tastes great!
- Variety – You can get Meta Appetite Control in Sugar-Free Pink Lemonade Quench and Sugar-Free Orange Zest!
I don’t know about you, but breaking up with my daily snack cravings is something I’ve been trying to do for a long time. By learning my snacking type and adding Meta Appetite Control to my diet, I’ve kicked my mindless munching to the curb and it feels great! I’m even more motivated to make sure my New Year’s resolution is a success!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Meta partnered with bloggers, such as me, to get the word out about its great product benefits. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. Meta believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. Meta’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.