We hear it all the time, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. With it being back to school season, I am always looking for ways to spice up breakfast for the kids and myself with nutrient-rich breakfast options like Special K® Red Berries cereal. I’m excited to share my partnership with Special K® Red Berries cereal and our super yummy Special K® Strawberry Cereal Bran Muffins recipe with you.
Special K® Red Berries cereal is a family favorite in our house, not only because it taste fantastic, but because it now has more real strawberries, 150 nourishing calories when you enjoy it with a half-cup of skim milk, and it makes the best cereal muffins EVER!
Special K® Red Berries cereal helps you start your day with fiber, whole grains, vitamin D, folic acid and of course it’s bursting with more real strawberries! If you haven’t tried Special K® Red Berries cereal I highly suggest it. Whether it’s in a bran muffin or a bowl, it’s berry-delicious and you can always trust that there is NO high-fructose corn syrup.
Every now and then I’ll wake up early before the kids and make them something special for breakfast like these Special K® Strawberry Bran Muffins, which were a HUGE hit since Special K® Red Berries cereal is already a family favorite.
You’re going to need:
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1 cups oat bran
- 2 cups Special K® Red Berries cereal (smashed)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed) I used an all-natural brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extra
- 3 egg whites (large eggs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup Special K® Red Berries cereal
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Combine milk, vanilla, applesauce’s, eggs, coconut oil, in a medium sized bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the milk mixture into the large bowl (I used my KitchenAid Mixer) with the cereal, and flour mixture and mix completely.
- In a prepared muffin pan and fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle Special K® Red Berries cereal generously over each muffin. I covered the top of the muffins completely and smashed the cereal a little to make it stick better.
- If desired sprinkle brown sugar and drizzle a tiny bit of honey on each muffin. You’ll only need a bit of the brown sugar and honey to make the top sweet and crispy when done baking. I made mine without honey but did sprinkle a little all-natural brown sugar on top. Make sure to clean off all extra cereal that falls on the muffin pan, so it doesn’t burn.
- Place in the oven on lowest rack for 12 to 15 minutes or until done in center. I start checking mine at about 10 minutes because I like to take them out as soon as they’re ready, so they stay soft and moist.
To learn more about cereal, you can visit their website at SpecialK.com.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Special K® Red Berries.