I love cupcakes! They are so much fun to make, and you can have fun creating so many different kinds of cupcakes, like this fabulous Spiced Chia Tea Cupcakes Recipe! Which is awesome, especially if you’re like my husband and my sister and love chia tea.
Raise your hand if you are ready for fall because of all the amazing smells? I always get so excited about fall because it’s a great time to spend time baking up some fabulous smelling treats just for fun. It’s been a long summer while it was fun I am glad to see it go because I’m ready to get my baking on. Don’t get me wrong I bake in the summer, but there is something about fall that makes me want to bake my heart out with awesome recipes like these Spiced Chia Tea cupcakes. Don’t they just sound fabulous?
Enough babbling let’s get to business because I know you are chomping at the bit to start baking these awesome Spiced Chia Tea Cupcake Recipe!
I sure hope you enjoy this yummy recipe for Spiced Chia Tea cupcakes as much as we think you will!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Chai tea
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream (room temp)
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioner sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chai Tea
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl Place to the side.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar with a electric mixer until its light and fluffy.
- Begin to add the eggs one at a time, mix to combine after each one you add.
- Add the vanilla, sour cream, Cinnamon and Chai Tea, mixing until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and stir in the flour by adding 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in and stir the last bit of flour in with a spatula until just combined.
- Fill the cupcake tins 2/3 of the way full. Then bake in oven for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 2 hours before icing.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream butter, sugar and salt on medium-high speed until combined, then add cream, vanilla extract and Chai Tea and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes starting in a circle on the outer ring and begin to work your way in till you reach the center and form a peak
- Top with a dusting of cinnamon
Be sure to swing back by and leave us a comment if you decide to give the recipe a try, I would love to hear what you think.
What’s your favorite cupcake recipe or all-time favorite recipe to start off the fall season?