What do you think about a spicy homemade spaghetti sauce with Barilla® pasta for Mother’s Day? Definably something fun and different, I LOVE IT!
What would you think about a spicy homemade Celebrating Mother’s Day can be done in hundreds of ways. Gifts, cards, or flowers are always a good way to show Mom we appreciate her. In our family, gathering around a delicious home-cooked meal is a familiar way we celebrate Mother’s Day. Enjoying the meal and gathering the family are incredible things about eating together. But, preparing it is just as wonderful and fun for the kids and all involved.
As you can see, I’m so lucky to have such a wonderful family and my sister is the BEST sister in the whole wide world. She truly more than just my sister, she’s my bestie! Thanks Auntie Rema for everything you do for me and the family and this great spicy homemade spaghettie sauce with pasta!
- 1 Pkg, Barilla Spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp, Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Can, Chili Chipotle
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes (28oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup, diced Poblano (optional)
- ½ Cup, cotija cheese
Directions for this awesome Spicy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe using Barilla® Spaghetti noodles:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Sauté beef in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until browned and crumbled.
- Add the chipotle and poblano sauté for 1 minute, add the crushed tomatoes, 1 cup of water and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow your spicy homemade spaghetti sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain.
- Toss pasta with the hot sauce, top with the cheese before serving.
Enjoy your Spicy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Barilla® Pasta.