I have tons of great Halloween recipes that are sweet, but not too many Halloween dinner ideas. My kids and I have been having a blast coming up with fun Halloween Recipes for dinner to share with you. We recently made this little guy; we call him Vinnie the Monster Meatball Subs, but you can name yours anything you like.
We recently shared our Huge Meatball Recipe. After making huge meatballs for dinner, my oldest daughter and I started talking. Before I knew it, we had planned on using our leftover meatballs the following night for a fun Halloween Recipe. I love this recipe, it is yummy, and the kids love it. So let’s get started.
First you will need to make your meatballs, and you can use our huge meatball recipe. It’s what we used to make our Monster Subs, and they turned out great.
List of things you will need:
- Meatballs cooked the way you like them.
- Shredded cheese, please feel free to use any kinds you like. One of my favorite cheese to use is mozzarella cheese.
- Jar of green olives
- String Cheese or Onions
- Sub Sandwich Bread
- Spaghetti Sauce (if you made meatballs using our recipe, be sure to save a little sauce for your subs)
How to make your Monster Meatball Sandwich
Making the monster meatball sandwich is fun, and you can get as creative as you like. That’s what makes these recipes fun, and unique.
- Place the meatballs on your sub sandwich bread. Remember to set them so when you are finished they look like eyes.
- Next cut a green olive in half, leaving the red pit. Now place in the center of your meatball.
- If you notice anywhere that needs more spaghetti sauce now is the time to add some. I always need to add a little extra between the eyes, just to make it look right and taste great!
- Sprinkle as much or as little cheese on your meatball monster sub. It makes some my awesome hair and makes your sub taste great. Cheese makes everything taste better in my opinion.
- Finally for the mouth you can use string cheese (as shown), or thin slices of onion. If you choose to use string cheese; peel a part off, place it where the mouth would be. If needed, pull off a few more thin pieces of string cheese to make the mouth look the way you want.. If you choose to use an onion you can use several thin raw slices, or saute some onions.
Have fun, remember nothing is set in stone, and you can change anything you like. The best part about the monster meatball sub is that nothing needs to be perfect, it’s very easy to put everything together, and if you choose to use my huge meatball recipe everything will be easy.
Monster Meatballs Little Friends Perfect For The Picky Eater:
If you have a picky eater like my toddler, then you might need to get creative off with their meatball. My daughter for some reason decided she did not want her meatball sub sandwich. She wanted just one meatball and was a little upset when she realized how cool everyone else’s dinner was. So I put my super mom cape on and made our big Vinnie our Monster Meatball Sub some little friends. They are yummy alone, and I cannot wait until I make spaghetti next time. The Three Lone Halloween Meatballs will go perfectly on top of spaghetti.
Everyone meet, The Three Lone Halloween Meatballs… Just some more fun idea…. enjoy
Little meatball monsters for Halloween:
- Grab your meatball, put that bad boy on a plate, or whatever you are planning on using.
- Next grab your favorite cheese and give your lone meatball monster some hair. Nobody wants a bald meatball!
- Next you will need to cut your green olive in half, leaving the red pit inside, and place it on your meatball. Remember the olives are the eyes, so place them where you want your meatball monsters eyes.
- Next grab your string cheese and make the mouth. As you can see by the above picture using a wide piece of cheese looks like they have a mouth that is taped shut LOL, if you like it do it. If not take a look at a few other meatball faces we created.
Next you will notice our Happy Meatball Monster…. The above picture is of the meatball Mattie ended up eating, she loved the little smile and laughed the time she gobbled her meatball down. Oh, and just to let you know spaghetti sauce is a great glue if you are trying to stick string cheese to a meatball. If it will not stick, put more sauces lot.
These are just a few ways we have fun around the house. It is an excellent way to spend quality time with the kids smiling and laughing. We get dinner cooked, and it’s not something I dread. I look forward to making fun food for Halloween with my kids every year…. Oh, and I’m still not sure why…. It seems like the cuter your food is, the better it tastes. My husband says it’s because it’s made with lots of love…. I think he is just nice, LOL.
Enjoy, have fun, and be sure and let me know how your Monster Meatball Halloween Recipe turns out.
Be sure to swing by and check out all our other fun Halloween Recipes so far we have made
What fun Halloween dinner ideas do you have?