I am so excited to start playing around with yummy spring drink recipes! I have been looking forward drinking fruity blackberry lemonade and I know the kids want pink sherbet punch. Nothing says spring to me like sitting outside watching the kids play, smelling the fresh spring air, and sipping on a refreshing, fruity drink. One of my favorites is this Fruity Blackberry Lemonade recipe. YUMMY! I love the fruit and the kids love it when I make enough to freeze them a few Fruity Blackberry Lemonade Popcicles. It’s the perfect way for them to cool down after playing.
The spring makes me want to be outside more, brightens my mood, and I love watching spring flowers begin to bloom in our backyard. During the spring the kids spend most of their time outside playing in their clubhouse, jumping on the trampoline, and they’re eagerly waiting the day mom opens up the pool. Once things start to warm up and the family spends more time outside they know it’s just a matter of time before my husband and I decided it’s warm enough for swimming.
Anything goes on during the spring and summer months, meaning I never know if we’re going to be having a BBQ with friends and family or having a quiet night as a family. One second it’s the kids and I watching a movie and the next second we’re having a little party and if my husband is home it typically turns into a BBQ. I always enjoy spending time with family and friends, but used to dread the last-minute decorating that came with it. Over the years I’ve learned that everyday items found in my home make decorating quick, easy, and pretty.
Last Minute Decorating Ideas
Here are a few things I do to decorate in 15 minutes for those last minute parties.
- Outside – If the weather allows I head outside. The kids are outside playing anyway, the grass is green, flowers are blooming, and it’s nice to get fresh air. It also needs very little decorating, which is great for those last minute gatherings
- Centerpiece – Basket from my living room shelf and I’ll toss in a few lemons and limes. If I have extra fruit I’ll add it as well, it makes a lovely centerpiece that is functional if someone wants fruit.
- Napkins – Since I didn’t have time to purchase any pretty colored napkins I grab a few paper towels, fold them into squares to use as coaster and avoid the wet rings a cold cup leaves on the wooden picnic table.
- Flowers – If the flowers have bloomed you can grab a few from the garden and place them in a nice cup, vase, or even your basket. Flowers are a the perfect way to brighten up any gathering and you can grab them out of your garden.
- Drinks – Regardless of what we’re doing outside we have to have something to drink! Something cool, refreshing, bubbly, and tasty to drink. Might as well make something that not only taste great but adds color to your 15 minute decorating job color – fruits taste great and add color. We always have several kinds of fruit and some Canada Dry so creating a refreshing drink to complement the last-minute decorating was super easy. When it was all said and done the Blackberry Lemonade was the prettiest arrangement on the table.
The Blackberry Lemonade is always a huge hit with everyone so I’ve included the easy drink recipe fo you. Remember you can change it up according to what you and your taste buds like.
Once the weather starts warming up I try to keep Canada Dry Ginger Ale® on hand because there are so many refreshing drink recipes you can create! Canada Dry Ginger Ale® has always been something I associate with spring and I realized my kids do as well. When they realized we had Canada Dry Ginger Ale® in the house one of the first things they asked me to do is make them some Pink Sherbet Punch!
Pink Sherbet Punch
- 1 Bottle Canada Dry Ginger Ale® or Canada Dry Blackberry Ginger Ale® (2 liters)
- 1 Carton of Strawberry Sherbet (1.75 QT)
- Optional – Frozen Strawberries
- First scoop the strawberry sherbet into your punch bowl pitcher, or you can do it individually using cups. If you use cups, just fill the cup with the desired amount of sherbet into each cup.
Do you have any spring drink recipe ideas you would like to share? You know me I’m all ears when it comes to trying new things! Be sure and leave us a comment with your yummy spring drink recipe ideas!