If you have a tween, I’m sure you have heard about Star Darlings! If not you’re going to want to check them out, my daughter loves them. She loves them so much I had a blast making these Star Darlings Glitter Cake Pops for her to take to school and share with her friends. I guess they all like Star Darlings, so it made her the cool kid for the day lol.
Star Star Darlings Cake Pops
To make these Star Darlings Glitter Cake Pops you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 box white cake mix (or your favorite cake mix)
- Everything needed to make your cake mix
- 1 container frosting (whatever flavor goes with the cake you have)
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box.
- Candy Melts
- Edible Glitter
- Pop Sticks
Alright, now for the fun part! Putting these glitter cake pops together. I do want to let you know that this is a bit time consuming. I wouldn’t start rolling the cake balls until you have at least am an hour to dedicate to rolling cake balls and dipping them into the candy melts.
- First, you’re going to cook your cake according to the directions on the box.
- Once finished cooking remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl and add about ½ of frosting and mix. Try to form a ball, if the cake sticks together and you can form a tight ball that holds together you are in good shape. If not you’ll need to add a little more frosting. I added a bit of glitter to the inside of the cake pops too. This is entirely optional.
- Form 1 ½ inch balls out of the cake and frosting mixture and place on the wax paper. Place the cookie balls into the freezer for about 30 minutes or so. They should be firm not frozen.
- Place sanding sugar or edible glitter into a small bowl and set aside for later.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave or a melting pot. Don’t warm too much it will make the melted candy melts too thick. The consistency should be about like whip cream. If you need to thin it up, a bit add a tiny bit of oil, not too much add ¼ teaspoon at a time if needed.
- Dip one of your lolly pop sticks into the melted candy melts and insert it into the cake ball. You’ll want it to be about 1 inch into the cake ball, set aside to dry and grab another. Once you are finished the melted candy should be dry enough to start dipping.
- One at a time dip each cake ball into melted candy and gently cover the cake ball in the melted candy allowing excess candy to run off the cake ball before removing. You may want to dip it two or three times; it just depends whether it’s completely covered or not.
- While the cake pop is wet dip or gently sprinkle the sanding sugar or editable glitter and cover the cake ball completely.
- Allow cake pops sit for about 1 hour or until the outside candy layer is completely dry. Do this at room temperature.
My girls loved the cake pops and Vayda said two of her friends didn’t even eat their cake pop because they wanted to save it because it was so sparkly, lol. They are Star Darlings Cake Pops so they have to be sparkly right?
We recently received three more Star Darlings books! Of course, Vayda knew they were for her, but I didn’t give them to her right away because I had to take pictures. I know that wasn’t easy for her because she asked me at least twice a day if I had taken pictures yet lol. It makes me happy to see her enjoy reading this much!
Star Darlings Book Series
My daughter loves Star Darlings! She goes through phases on which one is her favorite. When the new books came in she was all about Tessa and Piper, last week she was talking to my mom about Astra and today she told me that she can’t make up her mind, it just depends on which book she is reading. Hey, at least she is honest and thankfully she has found a series of books that she likes enough to sit down and read for fun.
If you’re not familiar with the Star Darlings, I’ll give you a little run down. Star Darlings have granted wishes for Wishlings (which is Earthlings) since the beginning of time. The wish granters ride on a shooting star to Wishworld so they can help grant wishes and collect positive energy. While they are in Wishworld, the Wish Granter wears a disguise and looks like an Earthling. There was an evil force that threatened Starland and twelve stars charmed teens were picked and send on some of the most amazing magical adventures.
As a parent, I like the Star Darlings book series because it helps encourage young girls to go after their hopes and dreams. The Star Darlings are all about making wishes that come from the heart come true. They help young girls understand more about making the right choices and understanding that they make things possible. Star Darlings are empowering girls, and teach young girls that THEY make things possible.
If you didn’t get a chance to read our previous post and check out the Star Darlings books we received you can swing by and read DIY Star Darling Mason Jar Night Lights.
The Star Darlings Book Series is by Zappa and Shana Muldoon Zappa and geared toward children 8 to 10 years of age. The Star Darlings Book Series consists of the following:
- A Wisher’s Guide to Starland
- Book 1: Sage and the Journey to Wishworld
- Book 2: Libby and the Class Election
- Book 3: Leona’s Unlucky Mission
- Book 4: Scarlet Discovers True Strength
- Book 5: Vega and the Fashion Disaster
- Book 6: Cassie Comes Through
- Book 7: Piper’s Perfect Dream
- Book 8: Astra’s Mixed-Up Mission
- Book 9: Tessa’s Lost & Found
Below is a little about each of the new books.
- Piper’s Perfect Dream – Mysterious things continue to happen on Starland every day as the girls wait to see who will go on the next Wish Mission. Piper has a dream that she will be the one, and indeed she is. Piper has a lot to learn when she finds herself working at a diner.
- Astra’s Mixed Up Mission – Life on Starland is anything but normal these days. The Star Darlings continue to experience mysterious phenomena while trying to focus on their studies and maintain their cover. Stat athlete Astra is chosen for the next Wish Mission. Her overconfident nature leads her to quick conclusions about her Wisher’s true wish. Can Astra put aside her interests and assumptions and help Emma before time runs out?
- Tessa’s Lost & Found – As more and more disturbing things happen on Starland, the Star Darlings try to unravel clues to what’s going on. One theory is that Lady Stella herself is behind all the trouble. Tessa is selected to travel to Wishworld where she finds herself in a spot that’s perfect for her—an animal shelter. When a terrible storm hits, Tessa and her Wisher, Lizzie, must work together to take care of the helpless animals in the shelter, while Tessa tries to discover Lizzie-s real wish and help grant it before time runs out.
- Cassie Comes Through – Starf! The day Cassie has been dreading since she first arrived at Starling Academy is here. She has been chosen to make the journey to Wishworld for the next Wish Mission. Lady Stella, the headmistress, assures her she’s going to do a starmendous job.
Star Darlings was launched int he fall of 2015 and is a stellar original property for tweens that answer the question of where wishes come from. Star Darlings features a diverse group of star-charmed girls who are bold and encourage and help fulfill heartfelt wishes.
Like all girls, you’ll find that each of the Star Darlings has their wish that they are pursuing! It’s a great series, with a powerful and positive message that many tweens need. It inspires them to follow their dreams, and they are experienced through reading books, music, apparel, an excellent mobile app and even dolls. Disney Star Darlings encourages tweens to harness the power of their individuality, shows them that they can make anything possible and hits on the power of making positive choices.
Star Darling Prize Pack Giveaway
Don’t miss your chance to win the Star Darlings Collection Volume 1 (includes Books #1-3), Star Darlings Books #4-9, plus a set of five (5) Star Darlings 10.5” dolls!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney “Star Darlings.” All opinions expressed are my own.