Storm Bottle- The Elegant Weather Device #GiftGuide
I have been compensated for this post in the form of a product. All opinions are mine and mine alone. This post is sponsored by Storm Bottle.
Hey guys! I’m back with another awesome holiday gift idea (or any reason to get anyone a gift, because this thing is seriously awesome). I personally love art pieces that also happen to be functional. That’s exactly why I think the Storm Bottle is so cool. It’s beautiful to look at, and it also serves a purpose, a pretty cool one, it can help you predict the weather! Whatttt? How cool is that! Let’s check it out shall we?
So what exactly is a Storm Bottle?
A Storm Bottle is an amazing devices that have been used by sailors to forecast the upcoming storms for hundreds of years. Check out the cool story behind the Storm Bottle:
“A terrible storm in 1859, which caused the loss of the Royal Charter, inspired Admiral Robert FitzRoy to develop charts to allow predictions to be made, which he called “forecasting the weather”, thus coining the term “weather forecast”.
Fifteen land stations were established to use the new telegraph to transmit to him daily reports of weather at set times. The first daily weather forecasts were published in The Times in 1861. The 1859 storm resulted in the Crown distributing Storm Bottles, then known as “FitzRoy’s storm barometers”, to many small fishing communities around the British Isles.
And today, you can have a piece of history in your living room!” from the Storm Bottle Website.
You guys, how cool is that!? The Storm Bottle contains a liquid that changes based on the weather conditions. It can predict 9 different weather conditions. Here is how to tell:
· If the liquid in the glass is clear, the weather will be sunny and clear.
· If the liquid is cloudy, the weather will be cloudy as well, maybe with some rain.
· If there are small dots in the liquid, humid or foggy weather can be expected.
· A cloudy glass with small stars indicates thunderstorms.
· If the liquid contains small stars on sunny winter days, then snow is coming.
· If there are large flakes throughout the liquid, it will be overcast in temperate seasons or snowy in the winter.
· If there are crystals at the bottom, this indicates frost.
· If there are threads near the top, it will be windy
Your Storm Bottle will be ready to go and acclimated to your weather in just a few weeks. What I love most about it, is how it’s a conversation piece. It’s functional and beautiful! The Storm Bottle would look perfect with any kind of decor. Whether is be in your living room, kitchen, or even your office!
So if you are looking for a truly unique and beautiful gift idea, I highly suggest the Storm Bottle for anyone in your life that loves a good piece of a functional art! Order yours now at StormBottle!
Who do you think would love to have a Storm Bottle? Let me know in the comments below!