Puppies are so cute, cuddly and adorable, but they are just that puppies!! They need to be potty trained and this is no easy task. I will be brutally open & honest with you, if you don’t have the time or patience to potty train a puppy, then you have no business even thinking about owning one!! I’m serious about that, so many puppies are abandoned and neglected each year because humans fail to follow through with the appropriate care a puppy needs to have. House training your dog or puppy is a lot of work and requires far more than a few stacks of old newspapers—it calls for consistency, patience, vigilance, and above all plenty of commitment. When you know you are ready to make that leap of faith and be a sole partner to your pup, know there are ways to help make potty training your puppy a little easier and cleaner. My son recently received a puppy, he went online to become educated on all the do’s & don’ts so he could be the best dog owner ever. While he was browsing online he came across a supper cool product that would help him potty train his pup and keep his home fresh & clean called Piddle Place!
Successful Ways To Potty Train Your Puppy!!
- Establish a routine-The schedule teaches your pup that there are times to play, eat and times to potty. Just like babies, puppies do best on a regular schedule.
- Take your puppy outside frequently- Immediately after your little fur baby wakes up is best to take them out. At least every two hours, during and after play, and after eating or drinking.
- Rewards- Give your pup a reward/treat every time he eliminates outdoors or on the designated home area. It’s best to do this immediately after they have finished eliminating. This step is crucial, rewarding your dog for eliminating in the designated area’s is the only way he’ll know what’s expected of him. Remember puppies are easily distracted. If you praise him too soon, he may forget to finish resulting in delayed accidents.
- Supervise- Keep an eye on him whenever he’s indoors. Don’t give your puppy an opportunity to soil in the house off the designated area.
Oops!- It’s a normal part of house training for your pup to have accidents. Here are a three top suggestions to do when this happens,
- Catch him in the act of eliminating in the house. Interrupt your puppy when you can.
- If possible make a startling noise, don’t scare your pup, use a command your pup can become familiar with. Immediately take him to his bathroom spot, praise him, and give him a treat if he finishes eliminating there.
- Don’t discipline your pup just clean it up. If you find a soiled area, it’s too late to correct them. Rubbing your puppy’s nose in it or any other punishment will only make him afraid of you.
We all know every dog, especially puppies, will have a few accidents in the house. Stay consistent in your housetraining procedures. Patience is a virtue, it may take several weeks to house train your puppy, and with some of the smaller breeds, it might take longer. It’s good to know there are awesome products out on the market today like Piddle Place that will assist you with all your house training needs. Trust me when I say over the years I have tried just about every puppy & dog training tool there is but nothing compares to Piddle Place!
This awesome doggy potty system is super cool! So innovative you can use Piddle Place for house training, apartment & condo living, boat’s, Rv’s and more. We love that this wonderful doggy potty is easy to use, has its own drainage system keeping your home and pet area clean and fresh. Best of all it’s portable, YEP, Piddle Place comes with a secured lid that is great for traveling, you can take it with you any where!! Like I mentioned earlier my son just got a new puppy, Piddle Place sure has made potty training his new little fury friend a breeze, and to mention this little guy loves it too! Check him out,
If you have an inside dog, potty training a puppy or traveling with your pet your going to love Piddle Place! For more information on this fabulous indoor pet waste system just visit their website!