If there is anything I dread more it’s shopping for children’s shoes…UGH!! Shopping for my own shoes is tough enough, shoe shopping for the kids is crazy!! There is a lot more to consider when shopping for kids shoes. It’s not just about going online or to the local shoe store, allowing your kid to pick out the coolest or most popular brands. We parents have to keep in mind so many factors in making the proper shoe choice for our children. The number one concern that always stays with me when I shop for the kids shoes is how fast they grow. Like most, my kids go through shoes like crazy, they are still growing and developing so we are extra cautious about where we buy their shoes. I was super happy about the opportunity to try out two awesome pairs of children’s shoes from KEEN Footwear!
Take The Hassle Out Of Shopping For Kids Shoes!
- Shopping-If possible, take your child with you. Every shoe fits differently, having the kids there to try them on is best. Let you kid have a say in the shoe buying process. This will give them a sense of independence and promotes healthy shoe shopping habits down the road.
- Measure-The best way to measure for a child’s shoe size is to have the child stand on a piece of paper and trace the outline of their feet onto it. Then measure from the back of the heel to the furthest toe out. After finding the shoe, it is still important to make sure that there is a little room between the big toe and the front of the shoe. Keep in mind a half size larger is okay.
- Easy to Put On- Look for footwear that is easy for kids to manipulate like Velcro straps, hook & loop, also stretchy laces.
- Breathable Shoes- Kids are high energy and very active so shoes with plenty of ventilation are always the best. Breathable materials such as canvas or vented, will allow your child’s foot to breathe. This will help to eliminate stinky feet by keeping them dryer.
- Flexible Soles- Children have soft tendons and small, growing bones. Stiff soles can prevent a child’s foot from growing properly. Flexible shoes are always a great shoe choice, but you have to be sure they are also sturdy. A flexible shoe that is too soft doesn’t provide a lot of support or protection.
- Good Traction- Young kids, even older ones are still working on strengthening their coordination and balance. Your child’s shoes should have good traction with rubber or textured soles to help keep them sturdy on their feet.
- Purchasing-Don’t over spend!!! With all the cute styles and character themed shoes out on the market, it can become easy to grab the first pair your child falls in love with. These fashionable shoe can be expensive and absolutley worthless!! Look for high quality, proper fitting shoes like the ones from KEEN’s Footwear!!
We were so happy KEEN had asked us to try their fabulous shoes. I’m not sure how the shoe saga is in your home, but my two little ones DO NOT like wearing shoes!! I doesn’t matter if they are designed with their favorite colors and or characters, it has always been a chore getting my kids to put their shoes on until now! From the first moment I opened the KEEN shoe boxes, my kids lit up like Christmas trees, too funny!! I was honestly amazed by how excited they were to try their new shoes on! We were sent the KEEN little Kid’s Encanto Polka for little Miss Novalee & their Big Kid’s Kelsey Boots, and as I said, my kids love them!!
The Kid’s Encanto Polka shoes from KEEN as so adorable. My Novalee chose the Purple Heart/Verry Berry design. These cutesy shoes have a flexible but sturdy sole, perfect for little feet. They are designed with a Canvas and synthetic upper, breathable mesh lining and Non-marking rubber outsole.
These Encanto shoes are super easy for Novi to put on all by herself using the Hook and loop strap over instep. I love that they have Cleansport NXT™ for natural odor control and a Padded collar for extra comfort. I really am impressed by these shoes, and so is Novi because they are her favorite color, purple, and she can put them on all by herself like a big girl. I no longer have to struggle to get her to put shoes on and keep them on!! Now she will lounge around the house with her Encanto shoes on, too cute! Super cool thing about the Encanto shoe from KEEN is they come in different colors & styles.
Niko absolutely loves his KEEN Kelsey Boots! He chose the Magnet/Lagoon style, Niko says “They are rugged and manly”!!!! When we saw the Kelsy boots on the KEEN Footwear website, he was like…“These are the ones!” I was cracking up when I saw his face as he slid his foot into the boots. He said…“Ahhh, this is like a breath of fresh air!”, too funny, yes he is our family comedian! I will say, I could even slide my foot into these boots, they are super soft & comfortable!!
I will say if I wasn’t able to put my foot in the Kelsey Boot from KEEN, I would have been a bit skeptical on how flexible they actually are. No worries there, they are real soft, durable strong and have just the right amount of flexibility for little feet. These handsome children’s boots are made with 200g KEEN.Warm™ insulation. This certainly is a plus during this cold winter season. Niko likes the medial side zipper, making them easy for him to pull on and off. As you read, he also loves the soft Faux fur collar. I love the Dual climate non-marking rubber outsole designed to keep my little guy safe from slipping or skidding. The KEEN Kelsey Magnet/Lagoon Boots are Waterproofed with breathable membrane, and the textile upper is Waterproof leather. This means, rain, sleet and snow is no match for these awesome boots!!
As a parent, I really love these shoes and so do my kiddos!! I admire how KEEN has taken into consideration everything about children’s shoes before designing them so that no mistakes are made, keeping the child’s best interests at heart. They know that a correct pair of shoes will not only make a child happy, but will also protect their feet and allow them to grow.
KEEN Footwear is commitment to designing affordable, quality footwear, bags and socks that enable us to play anyplace. They strive to offer us the best shoe-shopping experience beginning with an outstanding selection of the hottest shoe styles for men, women and children!
For more information on the KEEN Footwear Encanto or Kelsey shoe line, simply visit the website!
You can also stay up to date on great deals and fabulous KEEN promotions by liking and following their social networks!
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,YouTube, and pin away on Pinterest!
I have not heard of them before. Will be checking them out!
Keen is a fabulous shoe brand Richard. Well made, high quality and affordable shoes for the whole family!!
Excellent article great tips and great products shown.Very helpful thanks for posting.Great to have ideas.
Oh thank you Nancy, you know i only like to post what I believe in. Keen Footwear is the best ever in my opinion. Thanks for the kudos Nancy!!