As a mom there are no sick days, but lucky for me I don’t suffer from sinus issues, like my husband. There are not many things that get him down, but a sinus headache will have him down quick. Until we are able to get his sinus to open up, he looks like he has been hit by a Mack Truck, and says his dead feels like his head, and face are being squeezed by Hulk. I know, you can tell he’s a daddy by the way he describes even the worst of things, haha.
Have you ever had to deal with a sinus pressure? I have had one sinus headache, and WOW it was the worst headache I have ever experienced. Congestion, pressure, pain, it’s horrible, and the only thing you can think about it getting those sinuses to open up. I am in no way a doctor, but over the years I have learned a lot about my husband sinus issues. Here are a few things we do to help keep my husbands sinus problems to a minimum.
Things You Can Do To Help Sinus Issues
2 Things That Can Help Sooth Sinus Problems?
- Water – Like anything, stay hydrated it can help keep the mucus thin. Did you know that thick mucus can exacerbate sinus issues, so drink water and stay hydrated? Drinking water is good for you for so many different reasons.
- Humidifier – If you have not used a humidifier be sure and give it a try. They put moisture in the air, which help keep your nasal passages from drying out. They are fabulous at night, and next to you while you’re laying around crossing your fingers that you feel better soon. Another fabulous tool to have around the house for more than one reason.
3 Things That Can Cause Sinus Issues?
- Smoking – You have these tiny hairs called, Cilla that sweep mucus and bacteria out of your sinuses. Did you know that cigarette smoke can cause them to be less effective? If your Cilla isn’t doing their job it can cause mucus to back up, which can lead to sinus issues.
- Stress – I’m sure you already know, Stress isn’t good for anything. It causes all kinds of health issues, even sinus issues. Try not to let things get to you, or learn about ways you can deal with stress.
- Pollutants – There can be certain substances in the air that trigger your sinus problems. Maybe there is poor ventilation at work, or if you are like my husband strong fragrances that certain family member wear lol. Not saying any names, he-he.
4 Things That May Help Avoid Keep Sinus Problems?
- Washing Hands – Most sinus issues will start out with a cold, which are caused by a virus, and make the nasal tissue swell up. The best way to protect yourself from this is to wash your hands, get a flu shot, and try to stay away from those who are sick. Which will also help you from catching other colds.
- Allergies – YUCK, I don’t know anyone who likes allergies. If you are prone to allergies try to stay away from things that trigger your allergies.
- Water – Who doesn’t like to go for a swim in the middle of winter, lol. Not really, but diving can push water into your sinuses and cause irritation which inflames the tissue.
- Flying – My husband had the worst sinus headache while we were flying to Florida over the summer. Before every flight he takes decongestants. It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor and find out the best way for your to avoid sinus headaches while flying, it’s helped my husband a lot.
6 Signs You Might Have A Sinus Issues?
- Pressure in your face – If you have ever dealt with sinus problems you know exactly what it feels like, and will likely never forget. Your sinuses are the cavities behind your forehead, nose, cheeks, and eyes.
- Headache – Sinus headaches are horrible. The swelling and pressure from your face can turn into an awful headache.
- Hurts to move – If you’re dealing with pressure in your face leaning forward or moving your head can be torture.
- Yellow or green mucus – Many of you probably already know the rules of the buggers. If your mucus is a yellow or green color it’s often a sign of infection.
- Bad breath – Yes, you know what I’m talking about. Around my house we call it “SICK”, because your breath smells like you are sick.
- Teeth are hurting – Yes your teen hurting can be related to a sinus problems. I went to the dentist a while back for my teen and was sent home with a sinus problems. It’s caused from the pressure building up in your head.
Sinus issues are no walk in the part, they can be horrible, and extremely uncomfortable. Sudafed realizes that sinus pressure pain and cold congestion is some pretty bad stuff, leave people feeling run over, or as my husband says “squeezed by Hulk”.
Sudafed OPEN UP™ Application
Do you suffer from sinus issues, or know someone who does? Sudafed is inviting everyone who suffers from serious sinus issues to communicate how sinus pain and pressure looks and feels in a creative fashion using their new OPEN UP™ application on the Sudafed Facebook Page. The app is a new fun way for decongestant users to unite!
The app is pretty awesome, and loads of fun. That is if you don’t have any sinus stuff going on, my husband and I had a blast playing around with it. His picture was by far better than mine. Since it’s my blog I thought I would show me off with a huge clowns nose, and a darn elephant squashing my head, lol.
Sinus congestion and pressure is no laughing matter, and can be difficult to ignore. Whether you are dealing with congestion and pressure, colds, coughs, allergies, or pressure and pain Sudafed® can help. We always have Sudafed® in our home, it’s the only thing my husband will take when he is dealing with sinus issues, and I like their children’s products. Anytime I give my kids medicine I want to trust the brand I’m using, and Sudafed® has been a trusted brand in our home for many years.
Another things I really appreciate about Sudafed® is their handy-dandy “Your Sinus Resue™ Plan”, which you can check out by visiting Sudafed.com. When you visit their website in the top right hand corner you will see a tap that says “Your Sinus Resue™ Plan”, it’s great. Users get customized tips and product recommendations based on symptoms they are dealing with. Choose from symptoms like:
- Sinus Pain
- Stuffy Nose
- Sinus Headache
- Ches Congestion
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
Choose the symptoms you are feeling, and BAM! Click on get my customized plan, and you will see products that will help rescue you. I am not big on taking medicine, or giving it to my children, but there are times when I’m not sure how one would get by without it. If you’re feeling under the weather, and you’re not sure what to take be sure to check out Sudafed’s Your Sinus Rescue Plan.
Sudafed knows that suffering from sinus pressure and pain can leave individuals feeling crushed, beat down, congested and even squeezed, desperately looking for a way to OPEN UP. Serious sinus sufferers are invited to creatively share how their sinus pain and pressure looks and feels to them by using Sudafed’s OPEN UP™ application on Facebook.
Then, beginning on December 2, the Sudafed Facebook community will vote for one of five finalist sketches that best illustrates the pains of sinus pressure. The winner will receive $5,000 and a chance to have their work included in a Sudafed advertising campaign. For more information, visit the Sudafed Facebook page.