Raise your hand if you like muddy buddies! Great, now what about some super colorful, totally fun Tie-Dye White Chocolate Muddy Buddies? These are some of my favorites, just because of the colors. Okay, so they taste pretty darn fabulous too! Either way, they, they are a deliciously fun dessert!
Tie-Dye White Chocolate Muddy Buddies
For this Tie-Dye White Chocolate Muddy Buddies recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 to 5 cups Barbara’s Puffins Cereal (This cereal works like a charm, it doesn’t break, taste fabulous and there is more to it. I’m going to start using Puffins for all my fun muddy buddy recipes! I just wouldn’t do anything wild as far as flavor. Stick with original, multigrain or something similar.)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) White Vanilla Candy Melts. You could also use white chocolate chips if you don’t have candy melts.
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- ½ Tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups powder sugar
- Pour Barbara’s Puffins Cereal into a large bowl and set aside for later.
- Pour powder sugar into a large Tupperware container with a lid or a gallon sized plastic baggy. You want to make sure you can seal whatever you decide to put it in. Set aside for later.
- Combine candy melts, butter, and whipping cream in a melting pot. If you don’t have a melting pot, you can use a pot and melt everything over the stove. Just be sure to do it slowly, so you don’t burn the candy melts. Adding the butter and heavy whipping cream is optional if you like crunchy things you might consider leaving it out. However, it does give it a nice flavor. You’ll want to be sure and stir continuously. As you can see in the above image it’s a yellowish color from the butter; it’s totally okay once you mix it well you’ll get the white color back.
- Once the candy melts are melted remove from heat or turn your warmer setting to warm.
- Add vanilla to candy melt mixture and mix completely.
- Pour candy melt mixture over Puffins cereal and mix until all cereal is coated.
- Pour sprinkles in with the cereal, do not wait for candy melts to dry completely. I do this about three minutes after I’ve poured the candy melts mixture over the cereal.
- Mix carefully; you don’t want the sprinkles to lose their color. You want them to dry on the cereal, so the color soaks in and makes them look awesome.
- Pour cereal into a container with powder sugar and coat with powder sugar completely. You can do this by shaking the bag or container.
- Remove from the bag or Tupperware container using a strainer to make sure you get all the extra powder sugar off.
- If the muddy buddies are not colorful enough for you pour them into a clean baggie, add a nice amount of sprinkles and just get your hand wet and flick the water from your fingertip into the bag. You don’t need a lot just of water at all, just a flicking your fingers into the bag two twice should be okay. If you require more color, you can repeat, but this should do the trick.
- Remove the muddy buddies from the baggie into whatever container you are going to store them int and enjoy!
If you’ve been reading my posts you’ve heard me talk about Barbara’s products! One of my favorite things about Barbara’s, yes they make an incredible variety of food, but they are also dedicated to protecting wildlife and the plant. They support numerous nonprofit organization such as the National Wildlife Federation and the National Audubon Society’s Project Puffin.
Barbara’s has also joined Defenders of Wildlife, who is a national nonprofit organization that is dedicated to protecting all native animals as well as plants in their natural communities. And you can get in on the action and even have something to remind yourself what an important part we play in helping wildlife too.
Just because we are not out there in the middle of everything doesn’t mean we can’t help Barbara’s and Defenders of Wildlife by purchasing a limited edition collectible bracelet that features key endangered specials like:
- Sea Turtle
- Polar Bear
All the features animals are vulnerable animal groups representing North America’s wildlife heritage.
How will get a bracelet help these beautiful animals?
Well, for every four bracelets are sold by the wonderful people at Barbara’s will adopt one endangered animal through Defenders of Wildlife’s adoption program. They have a goal set – adopting 1000 endangered animals b the end of their campaign.
I think many of us, me included tend to forget what important role we pay for the protection of all native animals. Without us, places like Defenders of Wildlife would not be what they are and the more we contribute, the more they can do. So we might not be their hands on but we are helping in much-needed ways, and I can guarantee you that the people at these organizations appreciate anything and everything. Plus, you get a cool bracelet.
The collectible bracelets are bright, only $5 each or family pack for $20 and the best part is that you are helping support wildlife. To get your bracelet visit Shop.Barbaras.com. Remember proceeds will be donated to Defenders of Wildlife by Barbara’s using their adoption program.
If you are not familiar with Barbara’s, I’ll give you the rundown, and you can always swing by their website.
Barbara does not only support the wildlife and our planet they have an impressive variety of wholesome products made with high-quality ingredients to make sure you get optimal nutrition and taste!
Barbara’s offers all sorts of great products, one of my personal favorites is the Barbra’s Better Oats and Honey Granola! OMG, can you say YUMMY! However, I have to tell you that the Barbara’s Better Dark Chocolate Cranberry Granola is pretty fabulous too. If you like granola, it’s totally worth picking up. I love to add it to my yogurt in the morning! Talk about tasting amazing and filling you up!
Barbara’s also offers:
- Corn Flakes Cereal
- Honest O’s Original Cereal and Honey Nut Cereal flavors
- Brown Rice Crisps
- Morning Oat Crunch Cereal in Original, Vanilla Almond, Mini Blueberry Burst, and Cinnamon
- Cheese Puffs in Original, Jalapeno, Baked, and White Cheddar flavors
- High Fiber Medley Cereal in Original and Cranberry.
- Puffins Cereal in Peanut Butter, Multigrain, Chocolate, Honey Rice, Cinnamon, Original, and Pumpkin (seasonal).
- Shredded Wheat Cereal
- Snackimals Cereal in Cinnamon, Chocolate Crisp, and Vanilla Blast
- Snackimals Cookies in Vanilla, Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate, Oatmeal, and Chocolate Chip
- Spoonfuls/Squares Cereal
- Fit Bars in Multigrain and Raspberry
Gosh, that’s a lot, and I didn’t even list all of them lol. Barbara’s offers all sorts of great products, and my favorite part is that they understand the importance of using high-quality ingredients and keeping out the refined sugar and hydrogenated oils. They make something you can feel good about, and you can have fun creating awesome recipes like our Tie-Dye White Chocolate Muddy Buddies.
To learn more about Barbara’s you can visit their website at Barbaras.com.
Barbara’s offers all sorts of great products, and my favorite part is that they understand the importance of using high-quality ingredients and keeping out the refined sugar and hydrogenated oils. They make something you can feel good about, and you can have fun creating awesome recipes like our Tie-Dye White Chocolate Muddy Buddies.