Are you thinking of backpacking in Bangkok? Well, you are just on the right track! After all, Bangkok is conserved the most apt for backpackers. After all, this is a beautiful region that is full of gorgeous beaches, steaming jungles, and glittering temples. Get ready for a holiday full of exotic experiences as you backpack around Bangkok. All you need to do is start planning your trip and book cheap Scoot flights to Bangkok.
Bangkok is very famous among backpackers because of its numerous attractions. There is a hot, heady mix of everything here: the delicious street food, the crowded streets and not to miss the wild nightlife. What makes Bangkok work like a magnet for those backpackers is that it is very cheap. Just book flights to Bangkok online and plan your itinerary based on what you want to do and see.
Tips for Backpacking Bangkok
Here are some useful tips for the backpackers.
Arriving in Bangkok – One can always fly to Bangkok or can enter the city via road or rail from Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia. You can get a pre-arranged visa or arrange for thirty days, free, visa waiver if arriving by air.
Staying in Bangkok and getting around – Grab is one of the best ways to get around the city. Look for Grab credit which is very similar to Uber. Another popular means to travel around Bangkok is tuk-tuk and the local bus system. Bangkok is full of budget hotels and hotels for backpackers. These are some great spots to meet other backpackers and exchange great stories.
The average cost of backpacking– When it comes to food, lodging, and transportation, you will be amazed by the low costs here. For example, you can easily get a dorm room for as low as $5 a day. Private rooms will cost you about ten dollars or more. The food is delicious as well as affordable, and for $10 you can enjoy a good meal. Public transportation is cheap and will cost you about a dollar day.
What to do and explore-
As a backpacker, some spots in Bangkok should not be missed for those special and unique experiences.
- Explore the back streets of Chinatown and become aware of Chinese medicines as well as enjoy the unusual street food on those streets.
- Learn about the fantastic Sak Yant Tattoo art and the fascinating practice of the holy tattoos. It is the only place where you can get a tattoo done by a monk!
- See the Reclining Buddha- It is a must to visit the Wat Pho temple to see the massive Buddha in a reclining position. The Buddha statue represents the passing of Buddha into Nirvana.
- Check out the famous Lumpini Park and enjoy trekking and hiking the huge grounds of this fantastic place that is full of jogging trails.
- Enjoy a Muay Thai Boxing Fight at the famous Rachadamnern, and it is a must-do experience while in Bangkok. Experience the electrifying and heated atmosphere with the locals.
- Explore the local markets of Bangkok which are indeed vast and colorful. The Jatujak Weekend Market is the biggest of them all and a must to explore. These markets allow you to mingle with the locals and feel their culture.
- Another market you should not miss is the 24-hour flower market in Bangkok. It is indeed a unique sight as you see hundreds of florists busy making Bangkok and other religious events. Bangkok Flower Market is a delight for the nostrils.
- Check out all the famous temples in Bangkok, and it is indeed an incredible experience to visit all those temples. It might take a good couple of hours to cover those temples.