There couldn’t be a better time than now to talk about tips for beating holiday stress and the benefits of a massage because of the holidays. I’m excited to share this sponsored post with you from our wonderful sponsors at Massage Envy Spa! They want you to feel good this holiday season, and so do we so here are a few great tips to help you feel your best, get rid of that stress, and discover a few of the many benefits of a massage!
If there is any particular time of the year that is stressful, it’s the holidays that leave me gathering all the benefits of a massage because of holiday stress. so I can find an excuse to spend a little extra time and money on myself! Dealing with holiday stress isn’t easy, but the good news is a few things you can do to keep your stress levels down so you can enjoy the holidays with your family and friends.
Tips For Beating Holiday Stress
Gosh, thanksgiving and then Christmas, oh and don’t forget about the New Years party you are hosting or attending after that! Gosh, it’s never ending, no wonder the holidays are so stressful! Not only are you freaking out about hosting family gathering, but the shopping, wrapping gifts, cooking, and trying to keep your head above water in terms of daily chores! Here are a few things you can do to help keep the holiday stress levels down.
- Breath – I know it might sound a little crazy, but believe me it helps. Stop for a moment, and take a deep breath – in and out a few times – and remember everything will be okay.
- Ask for help – I’m going to bet if you’re hosting a holiday gathering there is someone who would love to help. Whether it’s cooking, cleaning or just being there for support stop for a moment and ask someone for help.
- Smile – Smiling can help your mood! Remember it’s all about attitude and keeping a great attitude!
- Priorities – Make a list of your priorities and stick to them. There’s no reason in spending extra time and money on something that isn’t going to be important.
- Remember why we celebrate the holidays and remind others – Try remembering why the holidays are important, and help you family and friends remember. Rather than getting everyone a gift, focus on the time you spend together. Last year we couldn’t afford to get everyone a gift. I know there were several other family members who couldn’t so we started a new tradition – which helps us remember why we celebrate the holidays, and gets rid of a lot of stress.
- Exercise – Seriously, don’t forget to get in your daily workout! If you’re not currently exercising, you might want to start. Remember stress can be relived by being active. You don’t have to go to the gym, get the kids and put on one of their super fun dance games – trust me you’ll get a good workout.
- Music – Put on some of your favorite music, and maybe a few of your favorite holiday songs to get you in the mood for the holidays! If you’re exercising try putting on a few songs that make you want to move.
- The past, and forgive – If there is a reason you’re dreading the holidays, maybe something that happened in the past, let it go. The best thing you can do during the holidays is put the past behind you and move forward. Besides, learning to forgive people isn’t something we always do for them. Forgiving can help us live a happier, less stressful life too. Forgive for you!
- Relatives – We all have the dreaded sister-n-law the family doesn’t want to see, but puts a fake smile to make everyone else happy. Holidays can put you in the same room with these relatives, which is okay! Remember the holidays are not the time for drama and everyone has that certain family member nobody wants to see for whatever reason, but we all deal with it. It’s often better to kill them with kindness to protect yourself and your family from dealing with drama.
- It’s okay to skip Black Friday shopping – DON’T do it, if you’re already feeling the stress of the holidays don’t deal with the crowds, you’ll find great deals on Cyber Monday, or now for that matter! Stress isn’t worth it and doesn’t it sound better to treat yourself to something beautiful while everyone else is out fighting the crowds Black Friday brings? I think it does, lol!
- Flex Spending Account – Did you know you can use your flex spending account or health savings account to pay for massages (doctors note is needed). Tell me you’re not jumping for joy now!
- Gift Cards – Skip the stores or online shopping and get someone you love a gift card for a nice relaxing massage! See, suddenly things are less stressful right.
- Get yourself a gift – It’s totally okay to get yourself the perfect gift! Grab a membership so you can spoil yourself all year! Doesn’t more than two massages a year sound nice! Oh, how un-stressful that sound!
Benefits of a Massage
There are tons of benefits of a massage, but here are a few of my favorite reasons to head over to somewhere like Massage Envy Spa and treat yourself to all the benefits of a massage.
- Pain – We already know massages are good for working out those aches and pains, especially sore muscles. Oh, I am already wishing I was at Massage Envy Spa.
- Better Sleep – Yes, they can also help promote healthy sleep!
- Headaches – Yes, headaches too!
- Immunity – As I mentioned they can also boost immunity.
- PMS – A Massage can benefit you if you’re suffering from PMS and things like bloating and nasty mood swings.
- Alterness – Want to boost your alertness? Why not give a massage a try?
- Stress – For me a massage helps me feel better when I’m stressed! They take me to this place where I can relax, and distress!
- Swelling – They can also reduce swelling.
- Labor – I read somewhere after I had my daughter that massages can help with shorter, easier, less stressful (ha-ha if there is such a thing) labors.
- Skin – Improve your skins condition.
- Flexibility – Increased flexibility can be another benefit of a massage.
Check out more great benefits of a massage by visiting Massage Envy Spa’s website.
Massage Envy Spa can help you say bye to that unwanted holiday stress, boost your immunity, and ease the pain you might have. Did you know they have extended hours too? Yes, they most certainly do, and they do it for their customers.
When is the last time you had a massage? I had one about a month ago, and every single time I go is better than the last! My husband got me hooked on massages; before I meet him I had never had a professional massage. Let me tell you, once you receive one from Massage Envy Spa you’ll want the membership! It truly is such a great way to relieve stress. Not only do they help me with holiday stress, but stress all year, and if I ever have a headache, a gentle massage does the trick.
Did you know that massages not only feel good, but research suggests that getting a message can be beneficial to your health? Yes, and experts agree! Whether you’re seeking to relieve stress, get rid of headaches, boost immunity, improve circulations, reduce muscle soreness, or increase flexibility you might want to swing by Massage Envy Spa and give a massage a try. They have some pretty great promotions going on now too!
Massage Envy Spa Promotions
Right now when you swing by Massage Envy Spa you can take advantage of a FREE 1-hour session with the purchase of 3 $75 gift cards. Which is perfect, get some holiday shopping done, and a massage at the same time. The offer is available at participating clinics for a limited time, so you’re going to want to swing by MassageEnvy.com.
Then after you’ve experienced the magic of the massage you can refer a friend! When they become a member at your home clinic, you can quality for some upgrades!
Be sure to check out their Military Discount Program too.
Let’s face it, WE DO deserve a little time for ourselves and deserve to spoil ourselves too. Trust me, it’s hard for me to spend money or time on myself. I’m always doing for everyone else, which is great, but doing something for myself now and again helps me feel recharged.
Massage Envy Spa’s goal is to fill the gap for their customers by offering professional facials, relaxing therapies, and the professional massages I love so much without the high prices.
Massage Envy Spa had a Twitter party to help educate consumers about arthritis on September 4th, and you can participate in future events with a chance to win FREE Massage Envy Spa gift cards. Follow @MassageEnvy to stay up to date. Massage Envy Spa is also a national sponsor of the Arthritis Foundation’s Walk to Cure Arthritis events throughout the US, host of Healing Hands for Arthritis, a one-day, in-clinic nationwide event.
Remember giving a Massage Envy Spa Card as a gift is the way to go, because you’ll get a free hour-long session when you purchase 3 or more $75 gift cards. In addition, whoever receives the $75 gift cards! To learn more about Massage Envy Spa you can head on over to their website and check out all the benefits of massage therapy at MassageEnvy.com
What are ways you beat holiday stress or why do you want to take advantage of one of the many benefits of a massage? I’m sure there are more great benefits of a massage if you know of any be sure to leave me a comment…