As parents, we want only but the best for our children. We want to make sure they are getting all the vitamins and minerals they need as well finding ways to get our kids to drink more water.
I’m by no means a perfect mother but one thing I can honestly tell you is my kids drink water, tons of water. As a matter of a fact, they probably drink mostly water. It’s funny when my kids come on from people houses parents always as me how I get my kids to like water. I guess my kids request water even when they are at someone else’s house. Now I’m sure they say yes to a soda or juice here and there, but if they are outside playing and need something to drink, I do know my kids only want water, cold water because it’s the only thing that truly quenches your thirst.
My kids drink plenty of water now, but it wasn’t always this way. They used to tell me that water didn’t taste good, it wasn’t fun, didn’t work; they needed something with flavor to get the taste out of their mouth and about a billion more excites. If you’re having the same problem here are few things you can try to your kids drink more water.
Tips To Get Kids To Drink More Water
- Make sure they always have access to water – The most important thing is making sure kids always have access to water. You can easily do this by keeping a few Nestlé® Pure Life® in the fridge, so they are nice and cold, just make sure they are where the kids can reach them.
- Make water yummy – Try cutting up a strawberry or your children favorite fruit and putting it in some water. My youngest LOVES lemons and limes I would make her lemon and lime water for dance class every other day. After she was finished with dance class, she was in a great mood and super thirsty. She fell in love with her lemon lime water. After a few weeks of lemon lime water, I started just bringing cold water and she never even skipped a beat and preferred water to this day if she feels like she needs something to drink.
- Talk to your kids – One of the best conversations I’ve had with my daughter Vayda was about water, and she is probably the best water drinker of all my children now. However, she was by far the hardest one to convince that water was good for her. I tried everything and believe it or not sitting down and talking to her has what sealed the deal. Vayda and I have spoken about how important water is for our body which made Vayda drink more water.
- Stop buying all the other stuff – There comes a point when you just have to say enough with all those sugary drinks. If they are in the house 99% of the time it makes things harder because the kids know you have it and might try saying they won’t drink anything. If they know you don’t have anything else sitting in the fridge, and they know there isn’t, they will be less likely to try and play games.
- Make water your traveling companion – I have made water our traveling companion. Whether we are driving to the store or heading to grandma’s house, we all make sure we have our water for the trip. Having Nestlé® Pure Life® in the fridge sure does make things super easy and now that they have the fun Nestlé® Pure Life® Share-a-Smile water bottles it’s, even more, fun for the kids which means they’re drinking more water and smiling about it, and that makes this mom smile too.
- Water can be fun too – Remember to make drinking water fun! My kids have loved the 2016 Nestlé® Pure Life® Share-a-Smile water bottles. They’re super fun for the kids, and they are super easy for us to take along whether it’s baseball practice, road trip, or to grandma’s house! And this mom loves the fact that they are in a bottle that’s easy for the kids to handle, especially while they are in the car.
There are a few of the ways I get my kids to drink more water. If you are currently trying to get your kids to drink more water now is the perfect time because our friends at Nestlé® Pure Life® have something pretty exciting for not only the kids but the whole family going on.
As you may already know, water is essential for life, while sodas and other sugary drinks are crowding many children’s diets. According to a recent study, over half of all children and adolescents are not getting enough hydration.
Do you want to hear something scary? Beverages today count for almost 47% of added sugars in American’s diets and over 13% of calories that are consumed. Replacing only one 12 ounces, 14 calorie sweetened beverage with amazing water for only one year can cut your calories by almost 50,000. Lucky for us we have people like Nestle® Pure Life® who are committed to making sure families are healthy and hydrated by offering a variety of pack sizes, bottles with totally awesome designs that are kid friendly.
Share Your Smile Contest
I don’t know if you have heard, but the wonderful people from Nestlé® Pure Life® brand are also thinking outside the bottle! They are creating an entirely rocking content that will get the whole family engaged. They are doing this by inviting parents to have their kids drawn “What Makes Them Smile” so their parents can enter it into the contest for a chance to not only have it included in the 2017 Share-a-Smile label collection, but also have the opportunity to be one of two Grand Prize winners who will receive a $25,000 college scholarship, a trip to Florida for four and FREE Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water for a whole year.
Who all can enter?
Parents of children ages 6 to 12 can come enter the contact. There will be two groups – 6-8 and 9-12 year olds.
Where can I enter?
- You can enter this fabulous contest by visiting www.shareyoursmile.com which is where you can download the “Share Your Smile” design.
How long will the contest last?
- From April 7ths until June 6th and the winners will be announced on August 16, 2016.
- Two 25,000 college scholarships
- Trip for four to Florida
- Nestle® Pure Life® Purified Water for one year.
To learn more about Nestlé® Pure Life® and to enter the Share Your Smile contest visit http://bit.ly/1VYZ7Xe. Did you submit a design? Share on social with #ShareASmile and tagging @nestlepurelifeus. You can also follow them on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and of course their website Nestle-PureLife.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nestle® Pure Life® . The opinions and text are all mine.