It’s not only important to prevent dehydration this summer it’s important all year around. I honestly tend to do better in the summer because the heat is a constant reminder that I need to not only make sure I stay hydrated but my kids too. They are always outside doing something; they play sports, ride horses, and anything else they can get their hands into.
Whether you or your child is the athlete hydration is something we must consider, especially during the summer months. Did you know it’s the #1 cause of sports performance issues as well as injuries in young adults? And, even mild dehydration can impact their energy, strength and coordination. Hydration is important not for just being on top of your game but also to keep your body healthy.
Tips To Prevent Dehydration This Summer
Here are a few tips to help prevent hydration this summer:
Drink up – The best way to make sure your child stays hydrated is to ensure they are drinking water. Get in the habit of taking water with you everywhere you go and reminding them to grab their water. It’s a backup plan to keep both you and your children hydrated. If we plan on teaching our kids to do something we have to lead by example. The only way our children will see the importance of hydration is if they see us doing what we tell them is so important.
- Fruits and veggies – Be sure to see that your kids are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables because they contain over 90% water and can help keep them hydrated.
- Prepare healthy meals and snacks – If you have an active child or are active yourself be sure to plan nutritional meals and snack for your family.
- Dress for the weather – Dressing for the weather can help you from sweating more than your body needs to sweat.
- Make sure you continue drinking – You should make sure your child is drinking water or BODYARMOR continuously while they are active.
- Know the symptoms of hydration – A few signs of hydration can be cracked lips, lightheadedness, dry mouth, nausea, leg cramps and more.
- Avoid caffeine or alcohol – I’m sure many of your children are not drinking alcohol, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early for us to teach them about its effects. Alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate you more, and it’s worth sharing with our children, so they understand how to take care of themselves and stay hydrated.
- BODYARMOR – Let’s face it there are times when our kids don’t want to drink water which I do understand because it’s nice to have something with a little flavor from time to time. Consider grabbing BODYARMOR for you and your child.
Living in southern New Mexico hydration is something we take very seriously, especially during the summer months because it gets HOT! As a mother, I’m always making my kids drink water and of course, they get sick of it after a while and want something with flavor. I don’t buy sodas or things like that because they don’t help keep your body hydrated.
BODYARMOR is a great drink for my family. I still make my kids drink plenty of water, but like to keep something with a little flavor for them and BODYARMOR is perfect. I’ll have to find myself a quiet little corner in the pantry to hide some or the kids will drink them all up and it’s something I really want to keep around for those times when we just need a little flavor.
What is BodyArmor?
BodyArmor SuperDrink™ is a superior hydration drink that tastes great and comes in several different fruity flavors like – Fruit Punch, Strawberry Banana, Orange Mango, Tropical Punch, Lemon Lime, Grape, Blackout Berry and Mixed Berry. Each drink contains natural flavors and sweeteners, electrolytes, coconut water, vitamin B3, B5, B6, B8, B12, A, C, and E.
I tried BODYARMOR for the first time the other day, and I have to say it taste great and after learning more about it, I would buy myself and my kids BODYARMOR now and then. Every flavor of BODYARMOR I have tried tasted fabulous, and I’m normally pretty picky when it comes to things like this because I can’t handle that yucky, fake, lingering taste it often leaves in my mouth.
BODYARMOR contains everything you would expect from a sports drink – vitamins, flavor, it’s lower in sodium than many other brands, contains electrolytes, and coconut oil. Each bottle contains 70 calories per serving, 15mg sodium, 300mg potassium, 18g carbohydrates, 18g sugars and there is two servings in each bottle.
Want to give BODYARMOR a try for yourself? Be sure to grab this coupon and save some money.
Staying hydrated outdoors is essential. What about those who aren’t physically able to get outdoors? Elderly family members living at home alone or in a residential home have to be helped to stay hydrated. Dehydration is one form of abuse of the elderly, read these other warning signs your loved one may be abused.
This is a sponsored post written by us for BODYARMOR. All opinions are our own, and we hope you’ll give BODYARMOR a try and share your opinion with us by leaving a comment. If you haven’t tried BODYARMOR yet, let us know if you have any tips to help prevent dehydration this summer.