This Triple Berry Walnutty Breakfast Bars recipe is excellent, especially if you’re a berry breakfast bars kinds of person.
To make the triple berry walnutty breakfast bars you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Cherries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups California Walnuts
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- First, you are going to preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Grab you a large bowl and add flour, oats, brown sugar, cornstarch, and sugar. Now set the bowl aside for later.
- Pour 1 cup of California Walnuts into your blender and blend thoroughly. Do this until it’s a fine powder.
- Pour blended walnuts into oats mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the oats mixture and mix until it’s crumbly.
- Take out about one cup of the oats mixture and set aside. Pour the mixture from the bowl into your pan and press bottom crust down into pan until packed tightly.
- Combine whole blueberries, pitted and sliced cherries, and sliced strawberries in a bowl, cornstarch and sugar and mix until all fruits are evenly coated.
- Add about ¼ cup of California Walnut (more or less according to your taste buds)
- Pour fruit mixture on top of the bottom crust you have in your pan and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Crumble the leftover oat mix of on top fruit, sprinkle desired amount of California and sprinkle on a few California Walnuts on top and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until it’s a pretty golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut cereal bars and enjoy.
What You Want To Know About California Walnuts!
I’m a huge fan of walnuts; they are not only a tasty treat along but a versatile ingredient that leaves behind an incredible flavor, it completes so many other whole foods for nutritious, delicious meals.
Did you know that not all nuts contain omega-3s? Yes, it’s true, but walnuts have a lot to offer us such as:
- 2.5 grams of ALA in one ounce of walnuts (this is more than five times the amount found in any other nuts).
- They contain a significant amount of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). (are the only nuts to provide this)
- Essential plant based omega-3
- 4 grams of protein per ounce
- 2 grams of Bieber per ounce
I Love Walnuts Recipe Contest
California Walnuts recently had their I Love Walnuts Recipe Contest! There will be one lucky winner who gets $5000. If you missed it, not to worry you can still head over and check out all the creative recipes using California Walnuts. There are some good ones too! You can swing by and check them out by visiting Walnuts.org/IHWcontest.
What’s your favorite recipe using California Walnuts?
This is a sponsored post written by me for California Walnuts. All opinion expressed and photos shown are my own. I sure hope you’ll give the recipe a try and form your own opinion!