Try Some Sweet & Spicy Candied Popcorn for Christmas
It’s that time of year again; the Holiday are upon us. If your family is anything like ours, then you are just as excited as we are. Of course, the kids look forward to the food, goodies, and presents, but we all are stoked for family gatherings and seeing everyone. So, when I get a chance to decorate or cook up something fun with the kids, I jump on it. One thing we haven’t really tried is candied popcorn. I’ve made popcorn balls before and they came out great, but it’s been awhile. With the Gold Emblem Abound Heavenly Light Popcorn, I can make candied popcorn with the kids and still feel content knowing that the popcorn is healthy for them. Grab some Gold Emblem Abound Heavenly Light or Organic Popcorn, I fond it at CVS and it makes some yummytry some sweet & spicy candied popcorn for Christmas.
Like I said, it has been a while and though I do like traditional recipes, I kind of wanted to make this new and improved for the sake of making a new tradition with the kids. Most people make candied popcorn and popcorn balls for Halloween, and those are probably the easiest. I say this simply to ease your mind that there isn’t really a set recipe to make candied popcorn, so pick your own recipes to satiate your little one’s taste buds.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 cups of popped Gold Emblem Abound Organic Popcorn or Heavenly Light Popcorn
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter (room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or lime salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Frank’s sauce or your favorite hot sauce.
Now that you have all your ingredients, grab a large rimmed baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit to get started.
- Here’s how to make ‘em:
- Spread popped popcorn in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, oil, salt, cayenne, and Tabasco sauce until mixed.
- Slowly pour honey mixture evenly over popcorn to evenly coat. Turn and mix to coat all popcorn the best you can.
- Bake the popcorn for 5 minutes, stir again to spread the warmed honey and return to oven.
- Bake for another 8 minutes, stir again for additional coating. Return to oven for the final 10 minutes.
- Once finished baking, remove the popcorn and set aside to cool until able to handle with hands.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and Enjoy!!
- If you want, you can always make candied popcorn into balls for a take along treat. After you finish baking, follow these steps:
- Pressing firmly, form popcorn balls and set on wax paper to cool completely. You can make them any size you want.
- After cooling completely, store as single balls wrapped in plastic wrap.
Not everyone is a big fan of sweet and spicy, and that is the beauty of candied popcorn, they are so easy to make that you can mix and match your favorite flavors. This recipe is one of my favorites because it avoids corn syrup and replaces it with honey. It’s a better flavor and keeps them healthy. Using the Gold Emblem Popcorn already helps to ease my mind about what the kids eat too.
What recipes can you think of using the snacks by Gold Emblem Abound? Check out all the varieties and see what you can come up with, we always love to hear what you have to say.