This Valentine’s Day, serve a delicious treat that is packed full of flavor and super easy to make. Kids and adults alike will love my Valentine’s Cherry Muddy Mix Recipe.
Let Valentine’s treats commence! This is just one of many sweet treats I am planning on sharing with you all. Who doesn’t love a Muddy Buddy Mix?! In case you didn’t know, it is your favorite type of cereal (I like Chex in mine) and you put some melted chocolate over it, and a few other seasonings and voila, delicious Muddy Buddy Mix. For this recipe, I wanted to go a little different. I decided to make it festive with pink, red, and white galore and make it perfect for Valentine’s Day!
My Valentine’s Cherry Muddy Mix Recipe is the perfect treat to make for your children for their class party, to give out at the work office, or even just to sit at the house and snack on. Personally, my kids love to watch the Kettle Corn popping and they think it is so cool. I love that this recipe is so easy that kids can help make it. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time, just make sure to store it in a covered bowl.
To make the Kettle Corn Popcorn you will need the following ingredients:
- ¼ cup oil, such as canola
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup uncooked popcorn kernels
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. melted butter
It is pretty easy to make Kettle Corn Popcorn, plus its super fun! Just follow these directions:
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy pan and add 3 popcorn kernels to the oil. Shake the pan every few seconds until the 3 kernels pop.
- When popped, add sugar and stir constantly until it is close to being dissolved, about 10 to 15 seconds. Quickly add ½ cup popcorn kernels and cover the lid. Shake the pan five times and let it rest for about 2 seconds. Keep repeating this process until you hear the popping stop.
- Immediately pull off the heat and pour into a large bowl. Toss with ¼ tsp salt and if you wish, add ½ tbsp melted butter and drizzle over the top for extra flavor.
- Set it to the side to harden and cool.
Now comes the fun part!! To make the Valentine’s Cherry Muddy Mix you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 cups Chex cereal
- 1 package 16 oz chocolate melting wafers
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 3.4 oz package of instant cherry gelatin powder
This is something kids can help with! Let them pull up a chair and help stir! To make it, follow these directions:
- In a large bowl, add the Chex cereal and the melted chocolate. Stir it until all the Chex cereal is completely coated. Using a large gallon sized Ziploc bag and add the powdered sugar, cocoa, and the gelatin powder.Shake the mix until it is combined and add in the chocolate coated Chex cereal. Shake it until it is all fully coated.
- Now add in your Kettle Corn, Chex Cherry Cocoa Muddy Buddy Mix, your red, white and pink M&M’s, dried cranberries, conversation heart candy. Add as much or as little of each item as you wish and stir to combine.
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine have! This is the perfect treat to make for class parties or just to snack on. If you wish, you can print out this recipe using the recipe card below and place it in your recipe binder. If you make this recipe, make sure to share it with me on Facebook or Twitter.
You may also like: