I can’t tell you how excited I am to share this recipe for Fried Rice Wontons with you. I had forgotten all about it until I was asked to collaborate with Success® Rice to create a dish using Success® Jasmine Rice. Granny always used Jasmine Rice for her Fried Rice Wontons, and they were AMAZING!
My grandmother used to make Fried Rice Wontons with Sweet and Sour Sauce for every holiday. She used to tell me it was the perfect finger food to keep the boy’s fingers and mouths busy and out of her hair.
If the Fried Rice Wontons were not out on the table, you could almost guarantee my father or one of my uncles was trying to talk Granny into letting them taste test something. Memories, I can still remember the look she would get on her face when they would come in, lol. She would pick up her wooden spoon and swat them on the hands of they tried sneaking a bite. Granny didn’t put up with much from her kids, even as grown men.
- 2 ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten you can add more if you like more eggs)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 4 cups Success® Jasmine Rice (cooked)
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- Success® Jasmine Rice as directed per instructions. It’s super easy, remove the packages and place them in boiling water for 10 minutes! Remove, drain and put your perfect Success® Jasmine Rice in Wok.
- On medium-high warm 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil to lightly beaten egg in the wok with oil. I like to let my cook a bit before I start breaking it up, but you can do it either way. Cook until the egg is fully cooked.
Give it a good taste test and see if you want to add more soy sauce. My husband tells me I don’t add enough so you ought to put a little more. It’s totally up to you.
How To Fold The Wontons
Folding the wontons can be a bit tricky, it took me forever to figure it out, lol. So I thought I would include some directions just in case you’re not sure how to fold them.
- Put some fried rice in the center of the wonton. I generally put about a spoonful or so.
- Push the two sides of the wonton together just a little bit so that the center pushes up, as shown in the above image.
- Dip finger in water & wet both corner sides of the triangle. Gently pull them together and press firmly, so they seal together. The center of your wonton should stick out a bit and look sort of like a little hat.
Cooking the Wontons
- First warm oil in the pan, place one wonton in for testing. Once you put the wonton in the oil, it should immediately start sizzling and float to the top. Move them around a bit so they brown evenly.
- Once you notice they are starting to brown remove them from the oil (typically finished cooking in a minute or less) and set on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain off any grease.
Success is in the bag.®
If you are looking for rice that cooks perfectly every time and is super convenient, you can’t go wrong with Success® Rice! It can be made on the stove or in the microwave without risking any of the quality or great taste.
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess to clean up boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly each time you make it. Oh, and it’s ready in only 10 minutes! Is that awesome or what? I can’t tell you how easy it was making the rice using their boil-in-bag rice!
You can even get Success® Rice in four gluten-free varieties which are Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice, Success® Jasmine Rice, and Success® Basmati Rice. There is something for everyone! Oh, and get this you can leave the cooked rice in hot water with the heat off for up to 30 minutes! Is that great or what?
Success® Rice is an excellent pantry staple and as you may already know you can use rice to cook all sorts of great recipes – breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between! I always have rice in my house, and I’m going to start keeping Success® Jasmine Rice around a lot more, because Granny’s Friend Rice Wonton recipe is fantastic and using the convenient package in premeasured colander-style BPA-free boil-in-bag it’s super easy to make! Plus, Success® Rice is gluten-free, non-GMO and there is plenty of recipe versatility.
You can find HUNDREDS of recipe ideas, special offers and more when you join the Riceipe Club®.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe that calls for rice?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice.