Many of you know I’m going to be leaving my job that I have been at for the last seven years to stay at home with my kids. I have been doing loads of thinking of things to do while I’m home when I get a little board. What does a stay at home mom do all day? I’ve come up with several things that I would like to do that I don’t currently have time for. My husband says I think too much, and I need to chill out that everything will be okay. Needless to say, I still worry about me getting a little stir crazy.
I have worked since I was 15 years old, here I am more than 15 years later, and I’m going to stop working. WHAT, who does that? There’s tons of mom that have left their careers to stay home with their children. It’s hard for me, I have worked long and hard to hold the position that I do, at the job I do, and make the money I do. Like my dad tells me, I have the rest of my life to work, my babies are only babies once. He’s right, and when I remember my childhood, I don’t remember that we didn’t have a lot of money. I bear in mind that I was loved, and parents that supported me. I never had to put off playing a sport or being involved with some activity because my mom was always around and willing to haul me around.
I have a few kids that are getting old, that don’t get to take part in some things because my husband and I are at work all the time. I have my two-year old that is only getting bigger, before I know it she will be in school. Darn it she has been in daycare since she was 6 weeks old! It’s time for me to be mom, and stop paying someone good money to help me do my job.
So here’s a few things I plan on doing to help be sure I get that Mom Time while I’m home with the kids:
- Continue Blogging – The only reason I’m able to stop working is because I have been lucky enough to have my blog. It’s helped me make the money I need to be able to stay home, and us be comfortable. It’s not a lot, but it’s enough to make us happy. Plus it’s something I love to do, so you bet your left foot I will continue to do it.
- Cook and Bake – Yes, my family eats dinner. When my husband and I get home we’re tired, the last thing we want to do is cook a nice dinner every single night. I love to cook and bake, definitely something I will do more of. It something that has always relaxed me, and feed my family, lol.
- Spring Clean – My house gets cleaned and picked up all the time, but what about that deep cleaning. You know where you dig everything out, toss things, and organize your home. Yup, I’m an organized freak, and love my home being organized.
- Friends – Visit friends, and take the kids to play. I miss my friends and family. Sure I see them but not as much as I like. Being home will make our bond stronger, but also make our kids bond stronger which is important to me.
- Play Bingo – Yea, I’m always down for some good old bingo, lol. I have my favorite spot for online bingo.
- Gardening – I love to have beautiful flowers and green grass outside. You bet your left foot I will be spending more time on making our yard nice, green, and colorful.
- Crafts – Doing crafts with the kids is a great way to blow some time and bond with the kids. I love being creative, and staying home will give me more time.
- Photography – I love taking pictures, and will have more time to practice my mad photography skills, lol. Yes, the kids will be my test subject. This one might get a little interesting.
- Walks – There’s nothing I enjoy more than a nice evening stroll. I will be home in time to enjoy an evening stroll with the kids. Plus it will be good for me, love it.
- Budget – Without my income, budgeting is something I will need to do. It’s okay; I enjoy sitting down with a notebook and planning our spending for the next month.
- Put my youngest daughter in dance class – I’m excited that for the first time I will be able to put her in dance at a young age. Something that I was not able to do with the others because of work.
Getting Involved – Oh, this is my favorite part. I will be able to be 100% involved with my children at school. You know to be one of those volunteer parents all the time. My sister n law is a teacher, so I do spend time doing things with the school between her and my kids. Now I will be able to do it more, and that’s important to me, and my children love it. Okay, for now, I know when they get older they will not. I want my children to know I love them, be there to teach them not to lie, hug them when they need hugs, and support them when they need it.
I know I have heard a lot of stay at home moms not happy with their position, and maybe it’s not for everyone. I just feel that it’s where I belong, it’s the job I was put here to do, and the only thing I can give 150% to right now in my life. My father told me the other day, not to stress the money; everything will fall into place, if there were one thing he would have done differently, it would have been not worked so much and enjoyed the time he had with his family more. My daddy is my role model; I love with my whole heart three men in my life, and that’s my father, my husband, and my son. I know my dad would never point me in the wrong direction even if I’m 30 years old, I still need my daddy’s advice from time to time.
So what does a stay at home mom do all day? Well, I will be sure and share some fun creative posts with you because I know it’s going to be a blast!