A few people know what to do if the microwave sparks. But, as with other equipment, problems also periodically occur, and sparks inside are perhaps the most frequent. If sparking becomes noticeable during the operation of the device, you need to turn it off immediately, and then find out why the microwave is sparkling. Ignoring this issue can lead to serious damage, so we recommend paying decent attention to it.
Incorrect Use of the Device
The instructions for any microwave oven, as a rule, contain information about the dishes that you can use inside the device. Prohibited utensils include metal dishes and plates or mugs with any metallic rim or pattern with gold or silver flecks. Sparking may be sudden, and its further repetition can lead to failure of the magnetron and costly repairs. When choosing plastic and other dishes for the microwave, you need to be guided by the corresponding signs. For instance, waves indicate that such dishes will not harm the device and will not deteriorate.
If sparking happens due to the use of incorrect dishes or the fact that cutlery accidentally got inside, then it is easy to eliminate. You just need to stop the device and remove the dishes. But if the microwave inflames even after all metal items are removed, then this is a sure sign that it has broken. Fortunately, on the https://fixappliances.ca/toronto-appliance-repair/ site, you can find the contacts of appliance repair in Toronto.
Failure to follow these recommendations can also lead to the fact that the device inflames and cracks during operation. Do not use the appliance when it cracks or sparkles. Further use can lead not only to the complete failure of the equipment but also to the exposure of those who come into contact with it.
The Replacement of Mica Plate
The most common reason that flames appear inside is the failure of the mica plate, which is the microwave diffuser. If the oven is not properly treated, grease and burnt food residues accumulate on the plate. This leads to overheating of the plate and its destruction. If the mica is not replaced in time, damage to the magnetron may occur, and this is the main element of the device and costs almost the same as the microwave itself.
You can buy a new mica plate at the household store or online from the manufacturer of your specific oven. The first option is likely to be cheaper, but the size of the plate may not match the one that was installed and will have to be cut. To do this, the old mica is applied on top of the new one and the excess is cut off with a sharp knife, and all uneven edges are processed with sandpaper so as not to scratch the camera coating during installation. New mounting holes can be made with a perforator. After installing the plate, the device needs to be checked to make sure that the sparkles inside have disappeared. With such a check, it is impossible to turn on the oven with an empty chamber.
Damaged Coating Inside the Chamber
Another common reason for a microwave to crack and sparkle is a damaged chamber. The chamber where the food is cooked and warmed up is covered with a special enamel. Burnt food and scratches from dishes eventually lead to various damage to the walls. To restore the coating, only special enamel is suitable. Ordinary paint does not have the desired properties. Of course, it is better to entrust this repair to specialists.
Before restoring the coating, all contaminants must be removed from the walls of the chamber. In those places where the old enamel cracks, it must be removed. Process the damaged areas with the purchased product and leave it for a while. Then check the functionality of the device. If no sparks appeared when turned on, then all manipulations have been carried out correctly and given a positive result.
To prevent fat and food from accumulating on the walls of the chamber, it is worth cleaning the device regularly. Grease and carbon deposits are easier to remove if, before washing the chamber, you heat the microwave at low power for 10-15 minutes with water inside. Then wipe the chamber walls with a soft sponge moistened with a non-abrasive detergent with a fat-splitting effect.
Too bulky dishes that are placed in the microwave can also cause damage to the enamel. Even if the plate placed in the chamber does not touch the walls, then when the tray rotates, it can move out a little. With constant friction of the dishes, the enamel may be damaged.