I’m sure many of you are familiar with Words With Friends! Did you know you can play Words With Friends can be played in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, and even British English and it’s one of the most popular games played on smartphones? It shouldn’t be much of a surprise considering the game is highly engaging. I mean it helps us expand our vocabulary, play games with classmates or even decide for a solo game, associate with participants with comparable ability, and can also assist with spelling.even help with spelling.
If you’re a With Friends fan, have children, or perhaps you’re a teacher I have amazing news. Zynga stepped things up a notch by creating a fun and engaging experience that students and children can now take part in called Words With Friends EDU.
Words With Friends EDU was developed to aid students in 4th–8th grade increases their vocabulary by engaging and learning high-value academic words in a fun environment. If you have not yet tried Words With Friends EDU here are a few of the MANY reasons, you should get your kids involved:
- Words With Friends EDU was developed in conjunction with education experts and teacher, so the game aligns with Common Core Standards.
- The game was tested in over 20 classrooms with over 2000 students, and so far the tests have shown students improve their understanding and usage of academic words within their first six-game play session.
- Words With Friends EDU keeps things fun and engaging by allowing students to earn badges and avatars while they learn.
- It’s a safe, closed community where students can only interact with other classmates or friends.
- Parents and teachers can easily track how their child/student is doing and identify areas they may need help.
- This new game includes Power Words which are words that are frequently used in textbooks, assessments and required reading and students can get definition hints to help them along the way.
- Teachers and parents can also participate in the fun and learning with students and play!
- It’s FREE! Yes, you can sign up for Words With Friends EDU for FREE! You can grab Words With Friends EDU in the Google Play for your Android Tablet, Apple App Store for iPad, and of course online at WordsWithFriendsEDU.com.
You can enter to win an iPad Mini by joining the classroom I created for this giveaway. You’ll find the directions below, but first I’m going to show you how to set up your own classroom because I’m sure after you’re finished engaging in the classroom I set up you’ll want to create your own. Trust me, you’ll love Words With Friends EDU.
Starting your own Words With Friends Classroom is easy!
- First, you’ll head over to WordWithFriendsEDU.com/register and create an account.
- Next, you’ll select “Teacher/Parent.”
- Enter all your account information and hit register.
- You’ll get an email from Words With Friends EDU, you’ll need to click on the link to confirm your account.
- Next, you can create your very own classroom by visiting WordsWithFriendsEDU.com/instructions, which is your go-to place for teacher tools such as your classroom management tools, reports and other materials like lesson plans.
- Next, you’ll click on sign in as teacher/parent and click on “Go to Classroom.”
- Now you can create a class by clicking on “Create New Class.”
- Give your class a name and be sure to write down your Class Code, so you can share it with your class. They will need the code to join.
Sounds pretty awesome right? It totally is, give it a try! Plus, if you sign up in our classroom to give Words With Friends EDU a try you just might win an iPad Mini! Keep reading to learn more about the giveaway!
Enter To Win An iPad Mini!
To make things even better, our wonderful friends at Zynga want to give away one iPad Mini to one lucky person who joins my Words With Friends EDU Classroom. Don’t worry it’s super easy to join, the directions are listed below.
Creating a student account is EASY! To enter to win the iPad, you’ll need to create a student account and join my class. To join my classroom follow the below directions.
- First, visit WordsWithFriendsEDU.com/register.
- Select “Student,” enter my classroom code H9P39, and finish the registration.
To enter the giveaway use the below giveaway widget. Joining the class is the only mandatory requirement, the others are for additional entries into the giveaway. Good Luck!
This is a sponsored post for Zynga. All opinions are my own.