As soon as summer gets here I start looking forward to the fall months because I begin to miss our football parties. We always have so much fun, and I just love any excuse to make food like these quick and easy Chicken Avocado Quesadillas for my friends and family. Plus, this year the girls have started helping me in the kitchen, and we have had a lot of fun together.
There are currently seven of us who live here, and it can be difficult to find something everyone likes. Things tend to get a little crazy; it’s impossible for one person to do it all. I typically spend way too much time cooking and taking care of everything. Which I truly enjoy doing, but I also want to spend time with my friends and family, at least, see the winning pass and not just hear about it because I was too busy cleaning sour cream up off the walls. Yes, and I missed the best part of the game which is why I decided to do something a little easier that still tastes great.
I almost always have sour cream in my refrigerator because I cook and bake all sorts of awesome things with sour cream. My husband makes fun of me because I get excited about the little things in life, like learning that Daisy Sour Cream now comes in a squeeze bottle. To him that is little, to me that’s saving time, money, and helping this mom keep her kitchen clean. The new squeeze bottle is easier to use and a whole lot less messy! I’m excited because not only can my kids help with food prep but I don’t have to stress about sour cream ending up on my walls and fridge again. Thankfully you don’t even need a spoon with the squeeze bottle
These Chicken Avocado Quesadillas are the BOMB!
I don’t know what I would do without my children; they are my life and my reason for breathing. They are SUPER excited about the rest of the football season because they know where everyone will be. Yes at our house, which is GREAT but there will be TONS of children running around screaming and yelling if we don’t find things for them to do. Last time we decorated some cupcakes and had fun going outside, but it’s too cold to spend much time outside right now.
Out of the blue Mattie asks me if she could be in charge of the sour cream. My first reaction was, UMMMMM NO! Can you imagine what would happen? She wanted to try the new Squeeze Bottle Daisy Sour Cream comes in, and my husband just had to smart off and tells me she is just acting like her mom. He got me there; I was excited to try the squeeze bottle too, and I couldn’t keep her from doing the same. DARN IT, he is never right, and I sure hope he doesn’t start making this a habit. We might have serious problems if that happens.
I found a recipe for Chicken Avocado Quesadillas over on Daisy.com that sounded amazing, and I’ve been super excited to make my version of it. I guess you could call it that, really it’s very different just a little newer Mexican.
Super Quick & Easy Chicken & Avocado Quesadillas
I have a large family if you don’t have a large family or want leftovers to be sure to cut the recipe in half. However, I would love to end up with leftovers again some day lol.
Okay, so here is everything you’ll need to get started on your Chicken & Avocado Quesadillas:
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 8 Tortillas
- 2 cups Gouda cheese (or more depending on how cheesy you like things)
- Quick squeeze lemon or lime
- Daisy Squeeze Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- 2 Large avocados (sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
Ready to start making the super yummy Chicken & Avocado Quesadillas:
- You don’t have to use a rotisserie chicken you can use whatever chicken kept on hand, chicken breasts would be ideal, but as long as it’s chicken you’ll be okay. If you decide to use a rotisserie chicken remove meat, toss it in a medium sized pan, and cube or shred the chicken.
- Drain most of the liquid from the Rotel, add ½ to 1 can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles (I like to use a whole can, but when we have guests I only use 1/2 can) to chicken and warm on medium heat until chicken is thoroughly hot.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and allow to warm over medium heat. While pan is heating, you can begin to assemble the quesadillas.
- Butter one side of one of the tortillas and lay butter side down on the 2nd tortilla. Sprinkle a little cheese down all over the side of the tortilla without butter. I like adding a little cheese to both sides; it helps the tortillas stick together, so flipping is less messy.
- I add more cheese on this side than I did the other. It’s just not a quesadilla without cheese! Next sprinkle chicken, avocado, tomatoes and anything else you’d like to include on your chicken avocado quesadilla. Don’t forget to squeeze a few drops of your fresh lemon or lime, add garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Place buttered tortilla with chicken mixture on top and gently lay it into your warm pan. Lay the other tortilla on top and allow bottom side to turn golden brown, add butter to tortilla on the top and flip until golden brown color.
- Remove from the stovetop. Allow to cool, garnish with cilantro, squeeze a dollop of Daisy Sour Cream and enjoy.
Don’t forget the kids who are going to be with their parents for football. You can come up with a gaming center, set up the karaoke machine (the kids always love this) and even make them quesadillas with cookie cutters. Yes, fun shaped quesadillas for the kids. Here is the heart I made for Mattie yesterday.
Kids will go cray cray for fun shaped food! I don’t know about you, but I’m going to have to agree with my children, fun food does taste better! To help make sure all the kids eat and I don’t have to take 27 different things (I learned the hard way) I just make things fun and they love it.
The girls know I love hosting any party at the house because I enjoy cooking and trying new things with my friends, lol. Since Vayda and Mattie know how much fun I have getting things ready for the party, they have been asking if they can make something for the party. Of course, I put them off for a bit but finally gave in, and I’m going to let them make nachos for the kids. They are super excited and planning to practice their nachos for dad tomorrow. They are so cute, my poor husband now everyone makes him taste test haha.
Do you have a favorite football recipe? Leave us a comment and let us know what your favorite football recipe and how you’ll use the new squeeze bottle of Daisy Sour Cream.