Have you ever tried or do you have your own Chicken Riggies recipe? I can honestly say I had not tried this recipe until recently after a friend told me about it. Well, it’s so easy and delicious I didn’t think it was fair to keep it all to myself, and I know I cannot be the only person alive who has not heard of Chicken Riggies, right?!?! I hope I’m not, but knowing my luck that’s how things will go, lol. My friend tells me it’s pretty popular so who knows.
Either way, I wanted to share the recipe with you, and I hope you like it as much as we did!
Chicken Riggies Recipe
To make this recipe for Chicken Riggies you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 1 pound cubed chicken
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1-pint heavy cream
- 16 oz parm cheese shredded
- 4 oz sliced black olives
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion
- First, you’ll want to cook the pasta according to the directions on the packaging. Once noodles are finished, you can remove them from heat and set aside for later.
- Pour the olive oil into a plan followed by the chopped onions and allow to saute for 1 to 2 minutes. TIP: Don’t let the onions get brown it will change the taste of everything.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper, olives and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken is finished cooking, you can pour your favorite pasta sauce of the dish and stir.
- Add the heavy cream into the cheese mixture and stir together. Continue doing this until your reach a low boil.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture over your pasta and serve warm.
See there isn’t a whole lot to it! It’s a quick and easy dinner you can cook up after baseball practice or whatever your kids have going on. Plus, it’s nice to be able to make a quick dinner for the kids and it is not something you pop in the microwave.
Oh and before I forget be sure to swing by and check us out on Yummly! We post all of our recipes there and share some of the amazing recipes we run into! Great site, tons of recipes, and you can find Jenns Blah Blah Blog on Yummly here.
If you need to print Chicken Riggies recipe out, you can do so using the recipe card below. Enjoy!