I have been waiting to share this awesome Raspberry Pillow Cookies recipe with you for a few days now, lol. I almost had it posted the whole time, but I kept getting sidetracked. Better late than never I always say lol. Sadly, I do I don’t know what happened to me. I used to be early everywhere I went, at least, 10 minutes. I showed up early and ready for business. Now, I am lucky if I am 10 minutes late! Honestly, I blame my husband he has always been that way, and I think he finally sucked me into his game! BLAH, I’m trying hard to go back to being early, but it’s just so hard. It means I would have to start getting ready 10 minutes earlier than I already am lol.
Anyway, don’t these pillow cookies look pretty darn delicious? Remember if you don’t like raspberry don’t count them out because you can switch it out for something you do enjoy!! Let’s get back on track and talk cookies! Check out this Raspberry Pillow Cookies recipe below.
Raspberry Pillow Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for the yummy raspberry cookies recipe:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- ½ tsp almond
- 3 C flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C raspberry preserves
Follow the below instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add butter and both sugars into a medium bowl and cream together with electric mixer until it’s a nice fluffy consistency.Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix into the creamed mixture of butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and mix for about another minute.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a separate bowl. Once sifted add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well and repeat mixing fully after each addition.
- Using your hands form dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap. Place dough ball into the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours or until cool and firm.
- Remove from fridge and allow the dough to soften which normally takes about 15 minutes.
- Add flour to your rolling pin and cutting board or counter (wherever you are rolling the dough out) and roll out the cookie dough.
- Using a medium round cookie butter cut out the cookies and line half the cookies on your prepared cookie sheet and leave the other cut cookies behind to top the cookies already on the cookie sheet.
- Add 2 teaspoons of preserves in the center of each of the cookies, dip your finger into a small bowl of water and run it around the edge of the cookie and place the top of the cookie on the bottom half with the preserves in the center and lightly press the dough down around the sides to seal the top and bottom together.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for about 9 to 10 minutes or until finished.
- Remove cookies and allow them to cook on your lined cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your yummy raspberry pillow cookies!
Do let me know what you think of this Raspberry Pillow Cookies Recipe!