I don’t’ know about you, but I love Rice Krispy treats along with everyone in my house. My daughter needed me to make her something last minute for school. Yes, she didn’t tell me until she was heading to bed on Sunday night that she told her teacher I would make them something for their party. Needless to say, I was a little irritated. I started rushing around the kitchen like a crazy person when I remembered the wonderful people from Rice Krispy send me a box of Rice Krispy Cereal, marshmallows, food coloring, sprinkles, mixing bowls, holiday cookie cutters, and a spatula set. I know right, I’m lucky and thank you Rice Krispy for saving the day!
Rice Krispy Snowballs Treats
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 package of Marshmallows (10 ounces) I like the JET-PUFFED Marshmallows. If you don’t have the large marshmallows that is totally okay, use about 6 cups of the small ones.
- 6 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
- Decorating Sugar
Let’s make these fun Rice Krispies Snowball Treats:
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan, add marshmallows and constantly stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal and stir until the cereal is coated.
- Allow the mixture to cool enough to handle comfortably Grab some wax paper, lay it out on the counter, put some decorating sugar into a baggie. Now make your treats into balls, toss them into the decorating sugar and make sure they are covered compjetley. Remove them for the baggie and lay them on the wax paper. Repeat until they’re all finsihed.
My Rice Krispy Treat Snowballs might not be as cool as all the stuff going on at Misterkrisp, but they were a huge hit with my daughter’s friends. Of course, I am so thankful I was sent the package. Without it I would have been making an 11pm run to Walmart and that’ no fun!
Have you heard of Misterkrips? OMG, you are missing out she is known for her pop-culture inspired treats. After checking out some of Misterkrips master treats I realized I am going to have to step up my game, gosh I was so excited about those snowballs too lol.
I sure hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as mine does.